AVIC411.com

z140bh bypassed works great up front, not in rear

Hey, I am new to this site. I purchased my z140bh about 4 months ago, did bypass with moving mute wire, and grounded it and brake wire through a relay activated by remote wire. Worked great. After a few days I put a movie in for my daughter to watch on headrest monitors and they didn't work. Thought it was the monitors since headunit was working great. After a while of testing and trying, I found out I have to unhook bypass, unhook radio main harnesses to reset, then it plays on rear monitors. I hook bypass back up, and all works fine for a while. Then back out again. If i only unhook main harnesses to reset, it doesn't fix problem. I have to have bypass uncooked before hooking up main harnesses in order for rear monitors to play. Anyone else had this problem, or any suggestions?

The relay is normally open. It sends ground to brake and relocated mute wire when it gets signal from headunit remote wire. I read where a guy was still getting pop up that parking brake was connected wrong with a straight ground and had to hit ok every time so I put relay in. It works flawlessly up front. Only issue is with output to rear monitors. I have been considering sending headunit back and seeing if the next one works properly

I am going to take relay out of bypass today and see how long, and how well it works, thanks.

Like I said, I don't have rear monitor(s), so I never paid much attention - but not all sources will play video to rear (iPods IIRC). So I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that.

Thanks, its only DVD I'm playing. I'm leaning towards possibility its the headunit itself as last night it quit playing on rear monitors during the last 10 min of an hour and half movie. I checked over to make sure it not monitors or wires. They stay on, just have no signal. Ive changed video wires and such. Only way to get rear monitors back plating is to unhook bypass and reset radio, then they are fine. I'm hoping to at least hear from someone with rear monitors and bypass working with no problem. I do greatly appreciate response. I'm gonna take relay out system and give a try, hoping for best!