AVIC411.com

Z120BT iphone 5 Appradio help

Sorry if this has already been Posted, i searched the forum for a thread but couldn't find anything on the Z120BT

So i recently purchased the navteq update for my Z120BT that said i could use appradio with it. I currently have an iphone 5. I have the CD-IU50V cord with a 30 pin to lightning adapter to connect my phone. When i connect my phone i'm not able to use appradio, a message comes up on my phone to grant access to use appradio but the Z120BT screen remains black. When i called Pioneer, after being on hold for 30 mins i was told that the Z120BT was not able to use AppRadio even with the Update because it didnt have some chip. He also told me its not even compatible with the iphone 5

So my Question is, can i use appradio on the Z120BT or not?

If so, what do i need to do? i read on some other models that you need a different cable.

If i cant use AppRadio after spending 120 bucks for this update im going to be pissed

Thanks in advance for the help ladies and gents.

I have a Z120 upgraded to a Z140 via the update posted in one of the other threads and I am able to use AppRadio with my iPhone 4S.  I can't speak for the 5, but I fear it may be the adapter to lightning transition that may be the hangup for you.  I am able to use Waze and other apps on AppRadio and it will display video on the screen after I press allow.  I am using the same cord you are currently using as well.  

I've been exploring two different cable options, but really don't want to blow the money on them if they won't work for me (see post here http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38087-z120bt-and-iphone-5s/).  Your situation is pretty much the whole reason I haven't gotten my free 5S upgrade yet is because of the lightning port fiasco since I don't know how well it will work out.

You can't use App mode with a 30pin to lightning adapter. You must use the CD-IV202NAVI if you want to use app mode. And it remains to be seen if this solution will even work with older units upgraded to the 140 software. The 202NAVI is compatible with the 140 however.

• 4 weeks later...