AVIC411.com

avic z110bt android phone contacts??

using this head with a galaxy s4 without any problems as far as functionality, however when i paired the phone to the head, it never took the contacts from the phone. i have a newer unit in another car (pioneer also 850 i believe is the model number) and it had no problem pulling all the contacts once paired, automatically. i can;t seem to find a function that will allow me to just make it seek to add the contacts from the already paired (and functioning manually) 110bt. do i need to remove it (the phone pairing) and start over again to hope it goes to the download contacts function or  is there some thing i can do to get it to just load my contacts easily?? does it matter that i have an ipod cabled to the radio??

thanks for the suggestions and assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

...do i need to remove it (the phone pairing) and start over again to hope it goes to the download contacts function ...?

That might work, have you tried it? There have been times that my Android needed to be re-paired in order to see that prompt (on the phone) to transfer contacts.

no one has a solution for me??

No magic bullet - keep trying.

to be honest i don't remember any firmware upgrades i might have made. the head unit was installed when the 110 was the newest model andi don't believe i ever touched it after that. it does have the in motion hack but other than that, nothing i recall doing.

I would recomment updating the firmware (either CNSD-310FM or buy the 2013 one from NAVTEQ). If you still have v1.x Z110 firmware - there's a big change in the iPod user interface and lots of other stuff (Pandora & Aha apps). You'll loose VR commands for NAV ("find the nearest ATM", etc).  But mainly, there have been lots of updates to BT firmware.