AVIC411.com

pioneer new 2014 navigation line up is here!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated before.....so long as it connects to my iPhone AT ALL (the OEM of an Audi TT does not!), I'm tickled pink.  Sad but true, that's all it will take to please me.  The glass capacitive touch screen is an added bonus.  As for accuracy of the built in maps?  Yo.....I'm still on 2008 maps in my OEM.  I don't get well-routed right now anyway...

As stated before.....so long as it connects to my iPhone AT ALL (the OEM of an Audi TT does not!), I'm tickled pink.  Sad but true, that's all it will take to please me.  The glass capacitive touch screen is an added bonus.  As for accuracy of the built in maps?  Yo.....I'm still on 2008 maps in my OEM.  I don't get well-routed right now anyway...

im not far from you. im excited with all the new options i hav been missing that others have had. all i wanted was pandora and new maps.

bonus for me:

HD radio,

capacitive touch screen,

updated version of xmsirius,

mirror link,

pinch and zoom,

built in bluetooth,

USB,

free live nav traffic.

i think people now a days are jaded and spoiled.  if you give them a free burger, these same people say where is the free fries and drink?

My shop acts like they're getting annoyed of my once-per-day follow ups. You know what?? They have my $400 deposit, so they're going to continue hearing from me until it's actually in my car.

take your money back and go elsewhere!

I check up on it everyday too, its crazy how different these products are compared to other electronic releases.  No info whatsoever, no leaks, no new videos, nothing.  No one even knows when they're coming in and we should be less than 1-2 weeks away.  But good news, after doing one of my searches I found this twitter account, @Autotempcanada who said their NEX receivers started arriving (March 10).   Im really nervous about mine, I actually purchased mine for $929 online, the website called and left a message about a week ago and said the date was March 17.  Then a few days later the website acknowledged the pricing mistake, they accidentally discounted 35% rather than 5%, and they emailed me and a few others who ordered it at that price and said they would still honor that price and we should receive our units first week of April.  What makes me nervous is that Im pretty sure they are not an authorized dealer, and although they had listings for all the NEX receivers for months, now when you search their site all traces of Pioneer products is gone.  We shall see..

I check up on it everyday too, its crazy how different these products are compared to other electronic releases.  No info whatsoever, no leaks, no new videos, nothing.  No one even knows when they're coming in and we should be less than 1-2 weeks away.  But good news, after doing one of my searches I found this twitter account, @Autotempcanada who said their NEX receivers started arriving (March 10).   Im really nervous about mine, I actually purchased mine for $929 online, the website called and left a message about a week ago and said the date was March 17.  Then a few days later the website acknowledged the pricing mistake, they accidentally discounted 35% rather than 5%, and they emailed me and a few others who ordered it at that price and said they would still honor that price and we should receive our units first week of April.  What makes me nervous is that Im pretty sure they are not an authorized dealer, and although they had listings for all the NEX receivers for months, now when you search their site all traces of Pioneer products is gone.  We shall see..

Some of the new NEX units are already out. Amazon has the 4000 and 5000.

dont worry if they arent an authorized dealer. all that means is that the warrenty is not covered by pioneer.

the reason i say this? i buy from authorized dealers all day long and guess what, rarely do  they ever cover what is claimed.

i always ended up paying for full price and any cost of repairs that ever comes up. trust me its just a stupid method they use so that stores dont under cut their products. example, i had an eclipse motorized single din with pop out 7inch screen. one day it stopped working. brought in the unit to the store who was an authorized dealer. they said they wont cover it. they had a stupid reason which i cant remember but it was useless. i recently have a problem with my pioneer single din head unit. brand new. only one month of use and i noticed that my unit is glitchy. this time they said they can send it out for a test but i have to pay for the test before hand. if they deemed its not something they cover then i have to cover shipping both ways and the testing.

i also currently have an alpine speaker that went out after a couple of months. its sent out to be reviewed if its to be covered and this time it is covered, but i have to pay for the shipping. the speakers only costs about 39 bucks. shipping is about 15 bucks each way. is this worth it???

so they will charge you for shipping and other small fees which ends up that its useless to warrenty items. just fyi, if your head unit is found to be covered and needs to be replaced completely, you always get a refurbished unit!

i would rather save hundreds now and take my chances for later.

WARRENTY is not what you think it is!

I am one of those as well who bought from that site.  Glad they are honoring the price.  We will see if the units get shipped.  

I check up on it everyday too, its crazy how different these products are compared to other electronic releases.  No info whatsoever, no leaks, no new videos, nothing.  No one even knows when they're coming in and we should be less than 1-2 weeks away.  But good news, after doing one of my searches I found this twitter account, @Autotempcanada who said their NEX receivers started arriving (March 10).   Im really nervous about mine, I actually purchased mine for $929

online, the website called and left a message about a week ago and said the date was March 17.  Then a few days later the website acknowledged the pricing mistake, they accidentally discounted 35% rather than 5%, and they emailed me and a few others who ordered it at that price and said they would still honor that price and we should receive our units first week of April.  What makes me nervous is that Im pretty sure they are not an authorized dealer, and although they had listings for all the NEX receivers for months, now when you search their site all traces of Pioneer products is gone.  We shall see..

I am one of those as well who bought from that site.  Glad they are honoring the price.  We will see if the units get shipped.  

Awesome, did you get a phone call before we got the email saying that the date was March 17?  Keep in touch on this thread if you get any updates, Its nice to be able to follow someone in the same boat as me.