AVIC411.com

x920 changing sources upon car restart

in the past few months, my x920bt has Been changing sources when I restart the car. For example, I'm listening to a podcast on my iPod Classic. I turn the car off, come back, start the car, and the unit decides to play the first song by the first alphabetical ('A') artist on said iPod.

It's random.

The iPod classic is 6 1/2 years old.

My car's alternator died last month and was replaced. During that time, the 920 was acting up more than usual (restarting, blank screens, not starting, changing sources), so I thought all would be fixed with the alternator swap.

Is it most likely the iPod is acting up (hard drive, wire problem), or have any of you x920 owners had this random source-changing happen as well?

I don't have the experience in Car Audio to offer any real help. I do want to try to encourage forum members to participate in seeking solutions. Way to many post go unanswered here. I have read numerous post were a member has had a battery die or some other type of power line condition that has negatively impacted their units functions in various ways. Have you considered that Transient Voltage Spikes might be responsible. I would be helpful if other members could comment if they have used or have considered using Transient Voltage suppressors in their installations. I am currently considering, as I haven't installed my 940 as of yet (Still to cold out).  It would be great if the Avic Community could contribute whatever thoughts and opinions they may have on these issues. :wub:    

Ok. Perhaps I mis-read your post. The "source media" you refer to is confined to the Ipod and not your 920.

well, yes..it's changing from a mp3 podcast to a mp3 song. however, for three years this never happened...just the last couple of months, and it was more random and often before I replaced the alternator...

LOL! My apologies then for my initial post. I was sensing a pattern with respect to line voltage irregularities with the various model Avic,s from the posts that I have read. Members will often report an issues with their units and then go silent without leaving any follow-up. It;s like a Cold Case File...I like mysteries, so I'm always looking for a resolution. Perhaps the Ipods Capacitance Controller is showing it's age?       

LOL! My apologies then for my initial post. I was sensing a pattern with respect to line voltage irregularities with the various model Avic,s from the posts that I have read. Members will often report an issues with their units and then go silent without leaving any follow-up. It;s like a Cold Case File...I like mysteries, so I'm always looking for a resolution. Perhaps the Ipods Capacitance Controller is showing it's age?

it's been a faithful old dog or over six years, but yes, age is a concern, and the alternator troubles may have made it a little 'older'. Maybe a factory reset is in order