AVIC411.com

z120bt -> z140bt and Pandora over Bluetooth

I just successfully updated my z120bt to z140bt with the 2012 maps and the Bluetooth update.  I am able to get my Nexus 5 paired with the head unit and calls work fine, however when click the Pandora icon it tries to connect and says it's unsuccessful.  I did modify the app radio settings to use Bluetooth on the head unit itself.  Do I need to have anything installed on my phone for the Pandora app to work?  Any ideas?

I just successfully updated my z120bt to z140bt with the 2012 maps and the Bluetooth update.  I am able to get my Nexus 5 paired with the head unit and calls work fine, however when click the Pandora icon it tries to connect and says it's unsuccessful.  I did modify the app radio settings to use Bluetooth on the head unit itself.  Do I need to have anything installed on my phone for the Pandora app to work?  Any ideas?

I don't use Pandora much, and I couldn't remember if I had since getting my Nexus 5. So I tried it today on the way to work. At first it didn't work (same as you) - but I had just been streaming tunein radio over BT and I have had problems closing that app, so I rebooted the N5, then tried again after the phone reconnected. It worked as expected. My HU is a Z110 updated to CNSD-310FM.

I actually have a similar problem if RonS you could give me some advise? Thanks in advance!!

i was using S3, paried with Z110 update to CNSD 310FM=140 i assumed, all worked find, with built in pandora just a click away and it will bring on the phone's pandora accessory and played just fine.

I just switched to Moto X Tmobile version, which is actually a unlocked version (if any of these matter!), it paired with unit fine, phone audio/contact and streaming all music apps via bluetooth audio are all fine too.

however, when I click on the built in pandora, it will show the same as please check with your smart phone when it's safe!

what i found out to bring built in pandora to work with my moto x is:

I'll have to wait until my phone's BT connected with unit first, then go to setting, go to bluetooth setting, click on the connection, then click on audio only, it will show a window saying it will lost the phone connection, i just click on ok.

then go back to built in pandora, then it will bring it to work, then the phone will show successfully connected again.

now I don't know if this is due to unit's blutooth is too outdated for moto x or it's just a bug from moto x, or if any one can have soultion for me please?

it did work just fine for a few days without any of extra works though but then just back to this, it just drive me nuts.

I've had several phones and many hacked versions of Android. Often there are quirks - I guess BT support isn't an exact science. AFA your particular problem, I've never seen it. My experience is that sometimes these things eventually work themselves out. Try re-pairing a few times after a reboot of the phone.

however, when I click on the built in pandora, it will show the same as please check with your smart phone when it's safe!

what i found out to bring built in pandora to work with my moto x is:

I'll have to wait until my phone's BT connected with unit first, then go to setting, go to bluetooth setting, click on the connection, then click on audio only, it will show a window saying it will lost the phone connection, i just click on ok.

then go back to built in pandora, then it will bring it to work, then the phone will show successfully connected again.

I tried this yesterday and this is exactly what I have to do to get my Nexus 5 to work with the Pandora source.  No idea why and it's certainly a pain in the ass, but at least I know how to get it to work now.  Thanks.

I tried this yesterday and this is exactly what I have to do to get my Nexus 5 to work with the Pandora source.  No idea why and it's certainly a pain in the ass, but at least I know how to get it to work now.  Thanks.

well, glad my problem became a fix for you ^^

you can try this too:

after your nexus paired with your unit, go to your nexus bluetooth setting, then click on the connected, you'll see profile has phone audio and media audio both checked.

uncheck phone audio first, only let it do media audio, after that, go back and check phone audio.

after this, everytime my moto x and unit paired, all i have to do, is click on the built-in pandora and it will play, no more those extra steps any more.

still not as smooth as my S3 as when it paired, it plays automatically, but much better.

hope this helps.