AVIC411.com

Z150BH Touch Screen Barely Responsive

I had a strange problem this morning that I've never had before, the touch screen on my Z150BH wouldn't respond to touch. It did respond to button presses but nothing on the screen. When I was stopped at a light I stopped my car for a few seconds and restarted it to see if a reboot would help; It didn't. For the hell of it I started tapping the screen over and over and noticed that maybe 1 out of every 6 taps it would register and respond... I tried this method tapping on various buttons on the screen and it worked enough for me to at least turn XM on and change presets, etc.. I stopped at a store afterwards and when I got back into the car, everything started responding normally again. Has anyone else ever seen behavior like this?  Is there a way to do a factory reset using the physical buttons if this happens again?

I haven't done anything to the unit lately, no upgrades, there's no MicroSD card inserted either.. just strange..

-Keith

Just an update... Every day if I reran the screen calibration routine I could use the radio again for a little while before it would stop responding again. Every time I reran the calibration it bought me a few hours. Starting yesterday the screen is responsive once again, but not as responsive as it used to be... It still takes a few taps but it's working. What a weird problem... No one else has seen this before?

Btw, word of warning though I'm sure it's been mentioned before... Do NOT buy pioneer products from Amazon! Pioneer won't honor the warranty and will charge you $250 plus tax and shipping to fix it. What a scam. I'm working with my bank to charge back Amazon for not disclosing the lack of warranty and unauthorized sale of the product.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...