AVIC411.com

A few questions before buying...

I'm thinking of buying an App Radio, probably V3, but have a couple of hopefully simple questions. I'll be using an Android device, probably a Galaxy S3, if it matters.

Firstly, does it remember what radio station you had playing when you turn it on? My factory radio just comes on when I turn the key, no messing about with buttons.

Secondly, in App mode if say you have Waze running and spoken directions come on does it mute the radio? Or do you just have to pick one or the other? I suppose I could tell Waze to always use the phone's speaker.

Any advice would be appreciated. Most of the time I'll be just using the radio on the way to work and back, so I want it to be convenient. Thanks! :-)

I use an I phone but as long as the phone is in the car and plugged in before i start the car it will play what ever music I was playing when I shut it off. Apps do not automatically load though so you will still need to load the music player or Pandora.  Waze will lower the music but can use the speaker on my phone also,  I have the audio turned off for it as I do not care for the voice the screen is big enough for me to read just fine. I use it with an Iphone so I do not know if the same is true with a S3 but I would guess it functions the same.

I do not use that part very often I do not remember if it auto played the radio when I turned the car on or if I had to press the button it does stay on the same station. I would check but my car is currently being repaired after someone smashed into it while it was parked.

I have an AppRadio 2 but I assume the 3 works the same way.

If you are listening to a radio station when you turn the car off, once you turn the car back on it turns that same station back on automatically.  If you want to change stations you'll have to press the radio button on the main menu.

In App Mode you can listen to Waze and the radio at the same time by turning on MIX mode.  The MIX mode setting doesn't get saved on the AppRadio 2, not sure about the 3.  In any case, on the three it only takes two button presses to turn it on.

Thanks a lot guu, that is exactly what I wanted to know! It sounds ideal for me then. One more question if you don't mind. In mix mode what happens when you get spoken directions from Waze? Does the radio volume drop down or do they just get mixed at equal volume? Seems like it would be hard to hear the directions otherwise.

Again, thanks for this, it is very much appreciated.