AVIC411.com

In my attempt to make a backup using Hackmode 2.2, my av.exe on my Z140 was deleted or moved.  Needless to say, I can get into hackmode and testmode but I cannot boot normally and I received a notification from hackmode that my file was missing.  Can somebody with a backup please post the file?  I'm still on the stock 4.0, zero updates so far.

hey, you could download the firmware again from Pioneer and extract the zip, the AV.exe will be in the APL folder

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z140BH?tab=firmware

I have all sorts of different versions if that one doesnt help. Let me know and i'll see if i can help.

Good luck!

I didn't realize the AV.exe would be on the firmware update so I downloaded the entire 2012 maps torrent and grabbed it from there.  Haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure it'll work.  If not, I'll check the firmware update.  I'll get back with you if I need more help.  BTW, there is another member who this happened to and is requesting help with the AV file for his F930BT.  I don't know if you can help him with acquiring the AV.exe for his unit.

This is caused by installing Hackmode. Hackmode is not Testmode. It bricks about half the HUs it is installed on. I am constantly warning people not to use it. I pleaded with moderators to either remove it or put big warnings "Hazardous to your HU's health" on the threads where it is found.

I've walked too many people back off the cliff trying to recover. I now ignore those crys for help. Rant OFF/

BTW, installing Hackmode didn't delete NAVI.exe, it just renamed it.

This is caused by installing Hackmode. Hackmode is not Testmode. It bricks about half the HUs it is installed on. I am constantly warning people not to use it. I pleaded with moderators to either remove it or put big warnings "Hazardous to your HU's health" on the threads where it is found.

I've walked too many people back off the cliff trying to recover. I now ignore those crys for help. Rant OFF/

BTW, installing Hackmode didn't delete NAVI.exe, it just renamed it.

I figured out that Hackmode wasn't Testmode when I entered it and I couldn't figure out how to enter Testmode to follow the directions for making a backup.  And actually, when I used Hackmode to manually put the AV.exe file into the proper folder, I received a prompt about overriding the existing file, so the file was actually there but it must have been corrupted.  As soon as I overrode the file, the system booted normally.  I still can't figure out how to make a backup even now that I'm actually getting into Testmode.  I have tried two versions of Testmode but one did not offer the ability to copy/paste, and the second allows me to select and copy the files/folders in the USER directory but the "paste" option is grayed out when I enter the root of my SD card.  I am using a 32GB SD card so available space is not the problem. Any advice?

I have modified the hackmode script to make a full backup of the USER folders to USB or SD if you want to use that.

All you do is insert the SD or USB card whichever you put the script on and it will copy all the folders on to the USB / SD. You just need to create a folder on the root of your USB / SD called BACKUP and it will do the rest

I figured out that Hackmode wasn't Testmode when I entered it and I couldn't figure out how to enter Testmode to follow the directions for making a backup.  And actually, when I used Hackmode to manually put the AV.exe file into the proper folder, I received a prompt about overriding the existing file, so the file was actually there but it must have been corrupted.  As soon as I overrode the file, the system booted normally.  I still can't figure out how to make a backup even now that I'm actually getting into Testmode.  I have tried two versions of Testmode but one did not offer the ability to copy/paste, and the second allows me to select and copy the files/folders in the USER directory but the "paste" option is grayed out when I enter the root of my SD card.  I am using a 32GB SD card so available space is not the problem. Any advice?

I looked at the Hackmode install script a few years ago after it corrupted my HU. IIRC, once it renames NAVI.exe, the script installs another program in it's place. So that's the one you overwrote.

As you've found, there are different versions of the testmode file. The one has the "destructive" privileges disabled. AFA using copy/paste, the user interface is very clumsy. From memory, I believe that, the trick is to first "select" then "copy" the files. Then navigate to the desired directory and "paste". Make sure there isn't already a file of the same name in the destination directory. If there is, delete it, then start over with the "select", "copy" in the source directory.

- use the

I have modified the hackmode script to make a full backup of the USER folders to USB or SD if you want to use that.

All you do is insert the SD or USB card whichever you put the script on and it will copy all the folders on to the USB / SD. You just need to create a folder on the root of your USB / SD called BACKUP and it will do the rest

chaosuk,

I'll give your script a shot and see if it works for me.  For the life of me I cannot get my copied files to paste over to the SD card.  Thanks for your help.

RonS,

Do you know if they ever figure out how to install the EU software/firmware on our US counterparts?  I downloaded the 2013 EU update for the F-series thinking it would be as simple as dropping them onto an SD card with the modified VERINFO and CARDINFO files but I couldn't get my Z140 to boot into the update.  I was, however, able to update the bluetooth firmware using the update SD card.

Pablo

Try this

https://mega.co.nz/#!DB41Da7L!HIKevFRQKfyEFS2QHwDwZRQuGibUHRvJc9cL6qTaRSY

Unzip and copy the contents to the root of the SD card.

Make sure you create a folder called BACKUP on the root of the SD card before you insert this in to the unit. Works fine for me on my F10BT

Here goes nothing.  Hopefully Hackmode doesn't hose my AV.exe again.  Have you seen anybody install the EU software on a US model over at the F-Series forum?

Excellent, keep hold of that and backup before making any changes.

My F10 is stuck in a reboot loop since upgrading with official 2013 pioneer update SD cards that cost me £100

I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point. For now the Mrs just has to drive around in testmode as the radio works fine but no sat nav or BT  :?