AVIC411.com

NEX-6000 3D Calibration

Has anyone had any trouble with the 3D calibration?  My sensor seems to think I'm always taking a left when the car is driving straight.  I've tried resetting the sensor a few times (all settings) and it doesn't seem to want to fix.  Anyone else running into this issue?

The derp on the pioneer support line told me to relocate my antenna.  Reading the manual more closely, it looks like direction is gathered from a gyro sensor in the head unit, not the antenna.  I have plenty of connectivity where the antenna currently is (under a thin piece of plastic in the dash) so I'm not moving it.

I've seen an issue when driving on roads that aren't on the map, it will randomly put you onto the closet road which is really weird.

My issue is different I think.  I can be driving perfectly straight in 1 lane on the highway, and the GPS will think I took an exit and will try to put me on various side streets.  It's really bad.  When the sensor is in its "initializing" mode after resetting (guessing it's not being used) it works perfectly fine.  Kind of wish I could just disable the gyro all together.  Just doesn't seem to want to recalibrate at all, or gets stuck easily.

I've done about a thousand miles of travel and navigation with mine, mostly central and southern NJ, a little bit of Staten Island and my GPS has been pretty spot on. One thing I noticed is that if I choose a car graphic I can actually pass a street before the Navigation does, if I chose the standard arrow it's perfect when driving so I set it back to the arrow.

So I did another hard reset on the way home and it seemed to work on my 20 mile commute.  I spoke with my dealer and told him that I will continue testing until Monday, and if it's fine until then then we won't need a swap.  Hoping it keeps working because I don't want to open my dash again.

Welp, it just looks like this particular unit has a habit of getting stuck.  The 2 lane highway I go on in the morning is quite bumpy for the first 3-4 miles, and it messes with the sensor.  Eventually it just gets fed up and sticks me going permanently left.  I'm upgrading to the 8000NEX, hopefully I won't have this issue.

• 9 months later...