AVIC411.com

NAV Speed indicator

It can still be the problem... At higher speeds, the processor has less time available to calculate the speed from the GPS data. Using speedpulse this is not a problem, as it involves hardly any calculation.

Is the speedpulse you're referring to the VSS?  I'm assuming it was installed because thats how it tracks vehicle speed right?  

Is the speedpulse you're referring to the VSS?  I'm assuming it was installed because thats how it tracks vehicle speed right?  

Yes, speedpulse is same as Vss

However, if the Vss is not connected, and/or whilst the unit has not completed calibration yet, the unit will use the GPS signal to calculate distance and speed.

For info on how to check Vss and calibration, see manual pages 159 and 160 (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-8000NEX_OperationManual030714.pdf )

The indicated speedpulse (manual page 160, item 4) should increase proportional to actual speed......

B.t.w., page 203 etc.explain why you should connect the Vss ... 

Yes, speedpulse is same as Vss

However, if the Vss is not connected, and/or whilst the unit has not completed calibration yet, the unit will use the GPS signal to calculate distance and speed.

For info on how to check Vss and calibration, see manual pages 159 and 160 (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-8000NEX_OperationManual030714.pdf )

The indicated speedpulse (manual page 160, item 4) should increase proportional to actual speed......

B.t.w., page 203 etc.explain why you should connect the Vss ... 

Thanks again... i'll check that out.

• 1 month later...

I need some clarification on this...

Where is this speed sensor connecting to?

I will check the settings options mentioned above but what I'm experiencing is that anything over 30mph, the HU will show me  as +3mph over.