AVIC411.com

NAV Speed indicator

My cars speedometer matches up with my NEX 8000 nav speed pretty much until it hits 70 mph... then after that my NAV speed occasionally moves up while i'm going much faster than 70mph.  Once i go down past 70 mph it tracks pretty much the same again.

Basically anything above 70-73 mph it doesnt accurately track my speed on the head unit.   Is this a bug or something? 

Do you have Vss connected ? That's one of the things it's usefull for. If you don't have Vss connected, speed and distance is calculated from the GPS positioning data, which is less accurate and takes time to process

VSS stands for VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR. Also known a a speed pulse. If your vehicle has a bad wire. You should connected to it for a more accurate reading. It's part of the pioneer harness. In most cars it's part of the OEM harness. In my vehicle it was part of just connect the wires to aftermarket harness to the radio.

I don't speed sensor could be the problem since it tracks accurately up to 72-73.  I've the speed warning option set... perhaps it turns off when you go over the speed limit?  I'll look into it more.  I figure if it works accurately up to 72-72 there shouldn't be anything wrong.

thanks.

My vehicle's stock radio (Rockford Fosgate) used the VSS wire to adjust the volume.  As the vehicle speed increased so did the volume.  If these NEX units had a similar feature it would be the icing on the cake.

Yes the nex can do it, I believe it's called ASL, you can enable or disable the feature it's in the settings

Yes the nex can do it, I believe it's called ASL, you can enable or disable the feature it's in the settings

Hmm...

I have the 4000NEX

And I didn't see ASL in the manual.  But maybe it's on the other models.  I'll double check the settings tonight when I head out.

Thanks

I don't speed sensor could be the problem since it tracks accurately up to 72-73.  I've the speed warning option set... perhaps it turns off when you go over the speed limit?  I'll look into it more.  I figure if it works accurately up to 72-72 there shouldn't be anything wrong.

thanks.

It can still be the problem... At higher speeds, the processor has less time available to calculate the speed from the GPS data. Using speedpulse this is not a problem, as it involves hardly any calculation.