AVIC411.com

I have a few questions that don't seem to fit in any other thread.

1. I know I can zoom in and out on the nav screen but when I do it put it in a different "mode" and when I go back to normal navigation it changes back to the zoom it wants to have. When I had my OEM navi in a couple of other cars I could zoom in and out in normal navigation. Does anyone know if that is possible on the 8000? I have tried just about everything I can think of and I can't figure it out.

2. In the nav when I go to the navigation menu by touching the icon in the lower right with the 4 lines I get a different menu from what is shown in the manual. There are 4 icon on the bottom of the screen and one of them shown in the manual is mute, my screen does not have the mute icon. Is there any way to change the icons that show here?

3. On the bottom of the map screen near the bluetooth phone button there is a car icon with 2 green arrows. I can't find this icon in the manual anywhere and when I click it I get a message something about connected navigation services will be unavailable. Does anyone know what this button does?

4. Is there a way to change the current location icon from the triangle? In the Garmin I can set it to any number of different icons.

Thanks.

I have a few questions that don't seem to fit in any other thread.

1. I know I can zoom in and out on the nav screen but when I do it put it in a different "mode" and when I go back to normal navigation it changes back to the zoom it wants to have. When I had my OEM navi in a couple of other cars I could zoom in and out in normal navigation. Does anyone know if that is possible on the 8000? I have tried just about everything I can think of and I can't figure it out.

2. In the nav when I go to the navigation menu by touching the icon in the lower right with the 4 lines I get a different menu from what is shown in the manual. There are 4 icon on the bottom of the screen and one of them shown in the manual is mute, my screen does not have the mute icon. Is there any way to change the icons that show here?

3. On the bottom of the map screen near the bluetooth phone button there is a car icon with 2 green arrows. I can't find this icon in the manual anywhere and when I click it I get a message something about connected navigation services will be unavailable. Does anyone know what this button does?

4. Is there a way to change the current location icon from the triangle? In the Garmin I can set it to any number of different icons.

Thanks.

3. That is for the AvicSync once its available

4. There is. Can't think of the steps off hand. But you can change to car, suv, tank, and flying carpet. Maybe one or two more

I would also like to know the answer to question #1. Same issue here touching the screen brings up the +- buttons to zoom in and out but when you go back to the map it goes back to the zoom level set in "Map Viewpoint". Is there any way of zooming  and keeping the setting? This has you zoomed in way too close to be useful even at the "viewpoint Far" setting. Every GPS unit I've ever used allows this and this really needs to be added if it's currently not possible.