AVIC411.com

8000NEX Installed

Thanks.  I'll experiment with short routing type.

I do know that the NEX does use traffic info.  I was annoyed when I first used it out of the box and left everything in its default settings.  I was wondering why it was taking me off the main highway and trying to put me on a local road.  Ended up finding out the default setting for the Traffic setting "Offer Detour if it Saves at Least" was set to 5 minutes and "Confirm Detours Manually" was disabled.  When I changed that to 15 minutes it left me on the main highway.  This was under FAST route type.  Will see if it does the same thing in SHORT.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly short, but turn off side streets

Fastest is definitely not the fastest routes as some of the routes I've been driving for 25 years are the fastest and the nex does not bring me that way quite a bit of the time.

I've put about 7 thousand miles on my nex since I've had it installed and I'm hoping the learning curve kicks in. Sometimes I wonder if nex is adding the traffic ability to the route it choses even though connected services isn't working yet. That I know of.

I just drive my normal fastest ways, and use the nex for guidance when I am the area I don't know, I do love the alternate route pop ups though.

I'm guessing that NEX does traffic the same way that my Z150 does it. It's part of the HD radio, and its not available everywhere.