AVIC411.com

Music videos, movies, etc from USB flashdrive or SD card?

So I'm just wondering what method everyone is using for playing any sort of videos from USB flashdrive or SD card.

So far what I've found on the internet is using DivX converter and I use Clipconverter to grab some videos off Youtube.  When I download from Clipconverter, I'm downloading them in 480p.  Does that even matter?

What other methods is anyone using and possibly getting better quality, using a different program, and what files are you converting them too etc.

I have a post on here somewhere about videos on my X950BH model and what software I use and the settings for the video size, frame rate, etc. I use Handbrake and make different versions and then save the one that works as a template to use over and over. I did find that there were differences in my X940 and X950 so I would imagine some testing will be in order to find out what works. For example, my X940 would do some on the fly changes to screen resolution where the X950 wanted the video to be exact?

Handbrake works.  Beware that if you have high-bit-rate encoded video it may not play.   Note that the head unit itself has relatively low resolution, so that's wasted anyway in terms of quality -- but if you have pre-existing MP4s some may not work.

true and untrue. HD movies look great on the 8000. 

I rip my movies to be played on anything I would watch them on. With an iPod or the Nex, yes, a lot of the quality is wasted. But that movie can also be played on a tv and look decent so I don't mind the large file sizes with flash memory as cheap as it is.

Handbrake works. Beware that if you have high-bit-rate encoded video it may not play. Note that the head unit itself has relatively low resolution, so that's wasted anyway in terms of quality -- but if you have pre-existing MP4s some may not work.

1500 is a good number but I wouldn't go over 2500. That's where iPods are capped so the Nex is probably somewhere around there.