AVIC411.com

BOYO VT-MHC ATSC and ASTC M/H Tuner Combo Vehicle TV Tuner

Getting ready to install my digital tv tuner in my truck to finish off my multi-media center aka AVH 4000NEX. Just wondering if anyone has installed one in their vehicle? I think i have obsessive compulsive  syndrome, I just can't stand to have ports on the back of my HU that are not being used, but I can't think of anything else to add. still will have siriusxm, available( i can live without this) and aux unused. The tuner can hook-up to Aux or AV Input, I chose the AV Input, and will have Mini-Jack av adapter hooked up to AUX ran to glove compartment for who knows what in the future.

The antenna is a magnetic exterior monopole antenna, i also ordered an antenna that is power boosted. I only did a temp mount with monopole on roof of truck, now i am going to temp mount the boosted to see which gets the best signal before i permanently mount.  I searched ebay and amazon for a tuner, and found out most of the tuners were for other countries, not US of A. The Boyo was the only one i could find that worked in the US, without spending $300.  The tuner is hidden and comes with a remote and a plug in wireless receiver that can be mounted inconspicuously. It looks like i will only use this while stopped. While moving the signal comes and goes, while sitting the signal is great. But that does not bother me, i don't watch anything but the road anyway. This is not something i really recommend, unless you are like me and like the Cool Factor. The same goes for the AVIC-U260 Navi Add-on(for the DVD receivers), In hindsight i could have just stuck with the App Radio, until the CarPlay comes out.