AVIC411.com

Carplay to be released for NEX in July

It's been stated on this forum and by pioneer themselves via their facebook that what they are waiting on is the final approval from apple for this system. Considering that We are 2 days from July this date makes sense. However, when is july is still up in the air.

I saw the iPhone update this morning so safe to assume that Carplay has something to do with the update.  How or where do we go to get the firmware update once it's released?  The Pioneer NEX 8000 is my first head unit frm Pioneer so not quite sure how they roll out updates. 

I saw the iPhone update this morning so safe to assume that Carplay has something to do with the update.  How or where do we go to get the firmware update once it's released?  The Pioneer NEX 8000 is my first head unit frm Pioneer so not quite sure how they roll out updates.

When the update launches it will be on the pioneer website. You will install it either via an sd card or a USB thumb drive.

According to this article posted an hour ago on Consumer Reports site, the Carplay update is to be released in July.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/06/pioneer-plans-to-be-pirst-with-apple-carplay/index.htm

And this should be taken with a grain of salt. It probably will happen in July, but not because someone else says so. These articles have been published before only to be proven wrong when it didn't happen.

Sent an email to Pioneer about the lack of speed camera data in the 8000 (F60DAB in the UK), this was their response:

Good Morning

The speed camera information is not yet available for this unit, it will be
in the next few weeks, it will be available when the Car Play App is here,
which is the middle of this month.

Hope this helps.

So seems like they have a target of "middle of the month"...we'll see!

Sent an email to Pioneer about the lack of speed camera data in the 8000 (F60DAB in the UK), this was their response:

Good Morning

The speed camera information is not yet available for this unit, it will be

in the next few weeks, it will be available when the Car Play App is here,

which is the middle of this month.

Hope this helps.

So seems like they have a target of "middle of the month"...we'll see!

excellent news, good sir!  Thanks for following up with Pioneer!