AVIC411.com

Utterly Confused on the Avic Add Ons

Hello -

About to order up a Avic Nex 8000. 

Couple of questions

How long is the stock GPS cable.

Want to route that to the back of the rooftop rear spoiler .

I can't determine which cable route to go since CarPlay is not released yet.

Do I go with the standard USB one or the HDMI for Appradio...or is Appradio overhyped.

Don't think the GPS cable will reach to the back (obviously depends on the car!) but it's not very long.

I've got the USB1 tail with a 1 meter lightning cable and a 2 meter HDMI running to my center console armrest area where I plug in my iPhone in the compartment, there's a Digital A/V in there that the HDMI is plugged into so I can either use that in AppRadio or Mirroring mode, or unplug the lightning cable for the adaptor and plug that straight into the iPhone which gives USB currently and I believe will be how CarPlay works (annoyingly you can't leave it plugged in as the AV adaptor only passes power through from the lightning cable to the iPhone, not data)

In the glovebox is a 30 pin cable plugged into the USB tail from USB2 and my iPod Classic plugged into that.

So you get two USB tails which are 1.5 meters I believe, but no HDMI so that cable needs to be long enough to go from where you want it to the back of the HU.