AVIC411.com

Where to plug my stuff in... USB question

unpowered usb hubs are too simple not to be supported.... it's just a normal USB split into 4 channels... i'm not so worried about that. I just want to make sure i have my Lightning cable in the right port so i can use it for full functionality with my iPhone. Looks like Port 1 it is

oh, you misunderstand my goal... the only devices i need to be able to plug in are my iPhone and a Flash drive. I just want the other USB ports to charge things when needed. I don't need the pioneer to be able to read 4 devices from one hub. 

Yes, but most devices that you charge via USB also have some sort of data transfer (e.g. many phones show up on computers as drives).  The HU won't know which device to use if you have more than one plugged in while the HU is on. AFAIK hubs do not assign priority to its ports.

You're better off getting a separate multi-port USB charger.

That or open up the hub and disconnect the data wires going to the charge only ports the radio wouldn't "see it" but would feel it. You'd be splitting 1.6 amps 4 ways so it wouldn't make for much of a charger. A standalone would be the better option for multiple charging ports.