AVIC411.com

CD-IV202NAVI install help

Hello,

I have a Z140BH unit with all of the 2013 map and firmware updates as well as having the video bypass. I was previously using an iPhone 4 with the adapter cable running appradio mode with no trouble whatsoever.

Earlier this year I updated to the iPhone 5s but decided to hold off on getting the IV202NAVI adapter until this week. I started the install and 95% of it is pretty straightforward and simple. I got all of the cables where they need to be and grounded the black wire as described.

However, my one area of confusion is with the red power wire which states needs to go "to electric terminal controlled by ignition switch (12V DC) ON/OFF". I am not an electrical engineer by any means so this step is confusing. From what I can tell, this must tie to the ignition wire or any 12v wire that goes hot when the car is turned to ACC.

I tried splicing it to the back of a nearby cigarette lighter port but after plugging the battery back in and testing it I was getting no prompt by the head unit that it detected appradio mode (however the usb charge did work).

I opened up my steering column and looked at the ignition switch. However fear of screwing something up took over so I didnt splice any wires there. I ended up closing everything back up and left the red wire from the IV202NAVI disconnected. So while the USB charge to the phone through the unit is working, video and appradio mode cannot be detected because no power is getting to the VGA adapter and I'm unsure where to connect it to.

If anyone has any ideas as to what I can connect that red wire to I'd appreciate the assistance.

Hello,

I have a Z140BH unit with all of the 2013 map and firmware updates as well as having the video bypass. I was previously using an iPhone 4 with the adapter cable running appradio mode with no trouble whatsoever.

Earlier this year I updated to the iPhone 5s but decided to hold off on getting the IV202NAVI adapter until this week. I started the install and 95% of it is pretty straightforward and simple. I got all of the cables where they need to be and grounded the black wire as described.

However, my one area of confusion is with the red power wire which states needs to go "to electric terminal controlled by ignition switch (12V DC) ON/OFF". I am not an electrical engineer by any means so this step is confusing. From what I can tell, this must tie to the ignition wire or any 12v wire that goes hot when the car is turned to ACC.

I tried splicing it to the back of a nearby cigarette lighter port but after plugging the battery back in and testing it I was getting no prompt by the head unit that it detected appradio mode (however the usb charge did work).

I opened up my steering column and looked at the ignition switch. However fear of screwing something up took over so I didnt splice any wires there. I ended up closing everything back up and left the red wire from the IV202NAVI disconnected. So while the USB charge to the phone through the unit is working, video and appradio mode cannot be detected because no power is getting to the VGA adapter and I'm unsure where to connect it to.

If anyone has any ideas as to what I can connect that red wire to I'd appreciate the assistance.

There should be switched power at your radio. It's what turns it on and off with the key.

Cigarette lighters and power outlets are a crapshoot. Most cars have those devices hot all the time.

• 1 month later...

I am still having trouble with this.

There should be switched power at your radio. It's what turns it on and off with the key.

The problem is I don't know which wire that is and I don't want to splice into the wrong one. Do you know which wire in the harness it is?

It is very disappointing that Pioneer doesn't provide more clearer instructions on this install.

Your head unit has a switched power source, unless it stays on when you turn the key off (retained accessory power vehicles excluded.) If I recall, it's the yellow wire that goes to the head unit. With luck, it goes to a yellow wire in the vehicle harness.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your help.

I tried tapping into the yellow wire coming out of the head unit as well as the red wire. Neither of which when powered on triggered appradio mode with my phone. I am at a complete loss as to why this does not work.

Do I have the correct version update? Attached is the system settings.

The IV202NAVI is set to the correct switch for the Z140BH (switch 2). All the cables are connected correctly. I grounded the black wire. I have spliced the red wire into 4 different other wires none of which worked.

The phone charges when plugged in but appradio mode is not detected and I cannot play video from my phone to the unit. I have the VGA adapter from Apple and the lightning to usb cord going into the IV202NAVI. I honestly do not know what I'm missing.

post-67143-0-65960300-1410306396_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

You have the correct and latest version of firmware installed. try taking the following steps.

1. turn stereo on

2. go to sources

3. press off

4. go to settings then AV Settings

5. make sure the connection is set to iphone

6. go back to AV Settings

7. go to Ipod Settings and select VGA.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.