AVIC411.com

Getting D3 next week-couple questions...

I am ordering a D3 from Crutchfield next week, along with the Sirius and XM receiver (for the 15% discount), PAC SWI-PS for my steering controls ('04 Lincoln Aviator), and the iPod cable.

I am looking to use my stock speakers, sub+amp for now (I currently have the stock Premium sound with CD6 head unit). Will I be able to do this easily? From searching, I couldn't tell if it would hook up through the speakers using a wiring harness. I also read I might need some type of regulator to prevent the "pop" from the sub? I do realize I will lose the rear DVD features which I don't use anyway.

Also, for the steering controls, is this a different connector, or are these wires on the harness I will get from CF? I want to be able to easily put the stock radio back in if needed.

And lastly, can I mount the XM receiver behind the radio along with the antenna?

Thanks! :D

As long as your stock amp/speakers arent bose, then it shouldnt be hard.

The PAC plugs directly into the back of your unit

It is best to use to put your XM radio antenna outside because, unlike the numerous gps satellites, XM doesn't haev that many floating around. I think 3? To get the optimal reception, you have to put it outside of your car.

Thanks for the replys. I have a wiring question. When installing my Bluetooth module and Sirius receiver, will I be able to tap into the power wire on the harness, or will this create too much load? If it does create too much load, will running it to the fuse box be better (2 wires to the fuse box)? Thanks!

Soprano,

I have an 03 Aviator and will be installing a D3 very shortly as well...

Here is a page that gives details on building an "anti-pop" regulator:

http://www.sminntech.com/techai.html

This was originally done by Ducatiboy who is quite famous around here on AVIC411...

He also has an 03 Aviator and uses this circuit in his vehicle as well...

For instructions on how to hook up your PAC SWI-PS (which I will be using as well) go to this page on PAC's web site:

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... les&ID=246

These are instructions for your specific vehicle... They are quite easy to follow... Just read them through completely a few times...

The VSS wire for Lincoln's is behind the radio, read about that here:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/for ... 64038&PN=1

The reverse wire is NOT behind the radio... From the research I have done so far, people say to just run the reverse sensing wire back to your tail lights and tap into the wire back there...

Good luck,

Mark

For instructions on how to hook up your PAC SWI-PS (which I will be using as well) go to this page on PAC's web site:

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... les&ID=246

These are instructions for your specific vehicle... They are quite easy to follow... Just read them through completely a few times...

Thanks for that info! Yes, I already ordered the anti-pop regulator from him. Reading the SWC wiring info, which is confusing, it shows 2 pin 18 wires? Or do I skip #2 under "3. Connecting the INTERFACE's SWC input wire to vehicle plug" and follow the #2 on the chart? Damn that is a head spinner..

The way I read it is that you skip the entire chart since Chart #1 says "NA" or something like that...

If you read down through the chart it doesn't even make sense looking at the Aviator's wires...

So, again, I personally think you skip the chart completely...

If you really need assurance, contact Ducatiboy, he used the PAC SWI-PS in his 03 Aviator...

Good luck,

Mark