AVIC411.com

F60DAB (NEX-8000) hard drives compatibility list

Anyone knows what hard drives are compatible with F60DAB (NEX-8000) USB ports?

I plan to use a 2.5 drive powered by the Pioneer unit.

Any suggestion about what model and capacity ?

Btw, F60DAB (NEX-8000) has two USB ports. Are they both for data+AC power or USB no.2 is for AC power only ?

I'd suggest a SSD drive. Its power requirements are low enough that you should be able to get enough power from the head unit's USB port. A secondary benefit is less likelihood of problems due to vibration. ~240 GB has been reported on this board to be an workable size. 

I have been using 240 gb ssd, and just received a 480gb ssd that i am loading. I don't think there is a size limit, but there is a limit to number of files and folders 1500 folders and 15000 files. this pertains to sd cards, usb flash drives and hard drives

both usb ports are for data and charging. usb1 is for iPhone, usb2 is for android. I have iPhone on usb1 and ssd on usb2.

WD Passport 2TB works fine.  I've been using mine for a couple months for movies and music, the only issue I've noticed is...if I plug the hard drive in while the stereo is already on, it will say the drive is incompatible.  Simple solution...turn the key off, open the door, plug in the hard drive, works flawlessly.  I normally leave the hd plugged in all the time, so I never have the issue I mentioned, it's just something I noticed when I first got everything and was testing it all out.  I've never had any lack of power issues and it's never missed a beat on rough dirt roads.