AVIC411.com

Mirror Netflix, Youtube, ect... in rear passenger monitor 8000nex

you cant mirror netflix or youtube to the rear via hdmi setup. Its not possible. The REAR ENTERTAINMENT only lets you mirror the head unit dvd, sd. you can use USB, SD, or DVD for the rear. You have to remember your Rear dvd player is setup using the AV cables which is RED YELLOW WHITE. The digital signal will not allow it to mirror. Unless your REAR tv has a hdmi input then its a different story. But the nex will not allow you to mirror from HDMI

That doesn't seem right.  With the rear display output being composite (analog) and other sources (DVD, SD, etc.) being digital in origination, plus the display being only 800 x 480, confirms the HU already has digital to analog and down sampling conversion capability.  I also have to assume with a Mirror setting available in rear display options, the HU is entirely capable of passing HDMI (converted to lower resolution anolog composite signal) to the rear display.  The only way I see it not doing so is if it is an implementation of HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection).

I have to wonder if an RGB connection would remedy the problem.

That doesn't seem right.  With the rear display output being composite (analog) and other sources (DVD, SD, etc.) being digital in origination, plus the display being only 800 x 480, confirms the HU already has digital to analog and down sampling conversion capability.  I also have to assume with a Mirror setting available in rear display options, the HU is entirely capable of passing HDMI (converted to lower resolution anolog composite signal) to the rear display.  The only way I see it not doing so is if it is an implementation of HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection).

I have to wonder if an RGB connection would remedy the problem.

I hope you are right. If you're going to do it let me know if it works 

I hope you are right. If you're going to do it let me know if it works 

I don't have an iPhone or the necessary adapters.  I do have the adapters for Android, but my phone doesn't support MHL/HDMI.  I am considering purchasing an Android-based HDMI dongle... but its not a definite at the moment.  Depending on the when and if, I'll likely start a new thread.  If I recall this thread at that time, I'll also post a link here.  That's the best I can do at present.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have figured this problem out guys.  I have the AVIC-NEX 8000 and Rockville RHP7 7" headrest monitors.  I am able to mirror my iPhone (Netflix, YouTube, whatever...) to the rear monitors and play a DVD, or movies from my SD card to the rear monitors as well.  I used an HDMI to A/V adapter with the Apple HDMI to lightning adapter together.  I plugged in the video RCA plug from the A/V adapter into the Yellow (V OUT) of the Pioneer.  The HDMI end got plugged into the Apple HDMI adapter, and lightning into my iPhone.  Even though these monitors are able to use IR wireless headphones I wanted some quality sound through my car speakers so I plugged the red and white audio RCAs from the A/V adapter into the AUX port on the Pioneer using a female RCA to 3.5mm adapter.  So if I want good sound from the iPhone to the rear monitors I turn on AUX on the Pioneer.

I have figured this problem out guys.  I have the AVIC-NEX 8000 and Rockville RHP7 7" headrest monitors.  I am able to mirror my iPhone (Netflix, YouTube, whatever...) to the rear monitors and play a DVD, or movies from my SD card to the rear monitors as well.  I used an HDMI to A/V adapter with the Apple HDMI to lightning adapter together.  I plugged in the video RCA plug from the A/V adapter into the Yellow (V OUT) of the Pioneer.  The HDMI end got plugged into the Apple HDMI adapter, and lightning into my iPhone.  Even though these monitors are able to use IR wireless headphones I wanted some quality sound through my car speakers so I plugged the red and white audio RCAs from the A/V adapter into the AUX port on the Pioneer using a female RCA to 3.5mm adapter.  So if I want good sound from the iPhone to the rear monitors I turn on AUX on the Pioneer.

Which brand of HDMI to A/V adapter did you use?