AVIC411.com

MixTrax doesn't recognize USB on Mac

Im trying to transfer my playlist in MixTrax over to a USB using my Mac.  I open up MixTrax and then insert a usb but the usb doesn't show up in MixTrax to transfer the playlist over.  I do have another usb that has all my music on it but when I connect that usb into my 8000nex it plays but I can't have it mix music by genre.  It just mixes all the genres together by BPM's.  I simply want Mixtrax to play my music by genre.  I's there another way to do this?  Hope that all makes sense.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what worked for me.  Mixtrax app is running on my mac, I plug in a USB drive formatted FAT32, a dialog appears in Mixtrax the says something about a device and has a input box with that says "Removable Disk 1", thing is, that's not the name of the thumb drive. I put in the correct name of the thumb drive and click the "OK" button and it show up.  Had I hit the OK button without changing the name it doesn't show up.  Good luck.

Weirdest thing... I couldn't get the SD card to show up in the left column on OSX, so I used Parallels to switch over to Windows 7 and installed Mixtrax. It showed up right away in the left hand column after I got the OS to recognize the macbook's SD reader. Then I exited Parallels, went back over to OSX, and started up Mixtrax... SD card magically showed up in the left hand column! I had a different drive name too. I renamed "Removable Disk 1" to match the drive name just to be on the safe side. Everything processed and I haven't had a chance to play with it in the 8000nex yet. I'm wondering if the Mixtrax output rearranged the file structure. Hopefully I can still play albums in track order via the Folder Browse mode.