AVIC411.com

AVIC 6000 NEX

Installed the AVIC 6000 NEX last week, so far, very impressive headunit and am very happy with it overall.  I have most of the operation of the unit figured out, but had a few questions/issues;

1.  Playing music with my Ipod Touch, connected through the USB & RGB ports - works very well.  When I press mute on my steering wheel control, I can still hear the music very slightly (you have to really listen to hear it).  I have a Bose factory system with amplfiers, and used an interface to adjust the output gain of the 6000.  Is this an issue with the Metra steering wheel interface or just something I have to live with withouth changing the older Bose system?

2.  While I like the navigation system, sort of difficult to delete and/or edit saved addresses, and the manual is very vague about it.  Any hints/advice would be appreciated.

3.  Siri-Eyes/Bluetooth - seems to work "most" of the time.....but there are times when it takes longer and/or doesn't work.  I found that a few times this occured was due to a poor verizon signal, but it has still happened infrequently.

I can help with number 2.

When in navigation, you click the menu icon to go to a new destination. When the window for entering a new destination comes up, select saved locations, then click the menu Icon again, before selecting a location. This should bring up the edit delete option. You just have to select the location you want to edit from the list.

Phil

Thanks, I'll try this.

I can help with number 2.
When in navigation, you click the menu icon to go to a new destination. When the window for entering a new destination comes up, select saved locations, then click the menu Icon again, before selecting a location. This should bring up the edit delete option. You just have to select the location you want to edit from the list.

Phil

I tried this - it sounds like there is no difference between selecting ATT, MUTE or OFF when using my steering wheel mute button.  I can live with the very slight sound of music or I can shut off the source when quiet is needed.  Likely and issue with either the ISVE61 Amp Interface or the ASWC-1 Steering Wheel control interface.

For muting (#1), by default the mute is set to attenuation which makes the volume 1/10.  I think you want to set it to Mute which makes the volume 0.  Look on page 163 of the manual.

8000NEXmute_zps0a64f22b.png

Don't know what interface you are using to get the steering wheel controls into the NEX but (if I am remembering correctly) with the Maestro you can set the steering wheel control to mute or attenuate. You would have to reflash your interface box to change from attenuate to mute.

• 2 weeks later...