AVIC411.com

Repurposed iPhone 4s as storage

So I'm plugged in my old iPhone cable to USB 2 and I'm going to store it in the glove box and see if that will work okay as a dedicated iPod for my NEX7000. At least that way all the sorting will work correctly and hopefully everything will just work. Considering it isn't worth very much anymore this should be a good bang for the buck. It's a 32gb so it's kinda a mirror of my SD card without the hassle.

Anyone else have any repurposed plans for old devices?

I've got a 32gb iPod touch 2nd generation with a cracked screen that I fixed with scotch tape.  I've got one of the USB ports on my NEX8000 routed to the center console bin, so the iPod just sits in there hooked up to the 8000 via USB.  I have the option to take it out of there to update the music, but I haven't bothered yet.

Your iPhone 4s is probably worth almost $150 on ebay, assuming the screen isn't cracked.  You can buy an iPod touch with a cracked screen for $50 on eBay.  So, you could downgrade your car iPod and you'd have exactly the same functionality and performance as before, but it's probably not worth the hassle for $100.  On the other hand, if you know someone that wants a 4s then they can buy the used iPod for you and then trade.

Okay, I've done something wrong and this isn't working.  It did for one time but since then it won't read the iPhone anymore and it comes up with an error code (can't remember which one right now).  So this hasn't worked out as good as I thought it would have... I'm sure I've done something wrong and once I get it resolved I'll be good to go (maybe bad cable or something) but sure would have been nice if it had just worked!  Oh well...