AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 Install in 06' Zephyr

The bluetooth now works great. Phone calls are great. It has not sinked over my phone book yet. On the screen after I hit transfer the "start" button that is supposed to be there is not? I have not played with that.

Takes incoming calls and outgoing no problem. I will probably get the btb200 when it comes out for the software upgrade. But this model works pretty damn well.

Let me ask you all I have a Z1 in my truck, but I was wanting to add the D3 to my wifes 2003 Altima... this woman gets lost backing out of the drive way... My question is I am being told it would cost me about 1075.00 installed... but is this something I can do myself? I mean I get worried seeing all those wires and what I am suppose to connect them to coming from the car. So your thoughts how hard is it to install this unit... PS I did find the kit to change out to a double din for her car... thats a step...

Let me ask you all I have a Z1 in my truck, but I was wanting to add the D3 to my wifes 2003 Altima... this woman gets lost backing out of the drive way... My question is I am being told it would cost me about 1075.00 installed... but is this something I can do myself? I mean I get worried seeing all those wires and what I am suppose to connect them to coming from the car. So your thoughts how hard is it to install this unit... PS I did find the kit to change out to a double din for her car... thats a step...

That's a very easy car to work on. If you can turn a screwdriver you should have no problems doing the work. Does the car have a bose system or no? Got a 5-speed auto?

Can you take a screen shot of the drive connected to the CD-UB100? I was going to get a 4th gen Ipod to replace my Sansa e270, nut I might consider the CD-UB100 instead so I can connect the Sansa straight to it. How is music navigation, etc?

There is a standard connector out there for this unit. Go to crutchfield or bestkits. connector is 2003 and up Ford.

I will show pics in a few days of the connector and insides, because I have to take out to redo PAC swi unit. There is a ton of room behind this radio. GPS antenna left inside dash as well and had (4-6 sat's all the time).

Burn

Oh no.. I am talking about my wifes 03 Altima.. not my F-150 that I had installed and it works great... I was thinking of doing the D3 install myself into my wifes altima and man you pull out that radio and there are a mess of wires... I maybe be worried for no reason but I am hoping that you guys out there can guid me through the intall as I really dont want to pay a ton of money for that... I had a 2004 explorer that I put my AVIC Z1 in first then 2 months later traded it in for my F-150 and install it in that one I spent about a grand just installing it over ..... so any help is appreciated...

It is just a Sandisk.

SanDisk Cruzer® 2G Micro U3 USB Flash Drive-Black

Burn

Search on Ebay.

I meant how does the USB drive display on the AVIC's screen? Can you search by folders and song titles, etc on the AVIC when you have a thumb drive plugged in?

Oh no.. I am talking about my wifes 03 Altima.. not my F-150 that I had installed and it works great... I was thinking of doing the D3 install myself into my wifes altima and man you pull out that radio and there are a mess of wires... I maybe be worried for no reason but I am hoping that you guys out there can guid me through the intall as I really dont want to pay a ton of money for that... I had a 2004 explorer that I put my AVIC Z1 in first then 2 months later traded it in for my F-150 and install it in that one I spent about a grand just installing it over ..... so any help is appreciated...

The harness for your wife's car is 70-7550. Any other questions you might have, I would suggest creating a new topic to help prevent confusion.