AVIC411.com

Firmware Update Question

I have an 8000 but the update file is labeled 5000... will it still work? also once we place the folder in the sd drive all we have to do is navigate to the update firmware part in the NEX and it'll do its thing?

Thanks in advance.

Correct, the update sub-folder is incorrectly named AVIC5000NEX... don't worry, it is still for the 8000NEX as long as the original zipped folder says 8000NEX!!!

Copy the whole AVIC5000NEX folder to an empty USB or SD drive.

I'm reading comments on the Pioneer Facebook page and now I'm confused. If I'm using an SD card to update, can I update directly from the SD slot that's built into the unit? Some people are saying that no matter what the media, it has to go through USB1.

I'm reading comments on the Pioneer Facebook page and now I'm confused. If I'm using an SD card to update, can I update directly from the SD slot that's built into the unit? Some people are saying that no matter what the media, it has to go through USB1.

The instructions say you can update from SD slot or USB1, but "The only USB port that supports the firmware update is USB port 1."  I used USB, myself, so I can't vouch whether or not the SD slot actually works, but the instructions say it should!

The instructions say you can update from SD slot or USB1, but "The only USB port that supports the firmware update is USB port 1."  I used USB, myself, so I can't vouch whether or not the SD slot actually works, but the instructions say it should!

Okay, good. Thanks for the input. Now, my only issue is this: I still have the Pioneer 30-pin cable hooked up to USB1 and have been using a lightning adapter with my new iPhone. I'm hoping that will work with CarPlay, but I guess I'll find out soon enough....