AVIC411.com

CarPlay, where are my 3rd party apps???

just got Carplay working but not seeing any 3rd party apps... am i missing something?  Mainly i need Beats Music, i have that instead of spotify....

The apps that work natively are only the ones on the main screen.  the others work, just open them on your phone and then go to CarPlay - Now Playing and you will see them there.  Once the app devs update their apps they will start showing in the home screen of Carplay.  But the now playing screen does show them and let you skip/play/pause/etc.

I'm guessing Beats Music needs to update their App like Spotify did last night.

I have a question for you as I do not own a NEX yet but plan to.

I am under the impression that when you are on CarPlay mode the iPhone is basically "locked out" to a CarPlay logo screen.  Can you do anything on the iPhone while CarPlay is active on the NEX?  Like can a passenger use the iPhone while CarPlay is on?

I am guessing no.  But then when you press the NEX button on the CarPlay screen to go back to the Pioneer interface does the iPhone become back to normal again?

What happens in this scenario:

You start up CarPlay and start navigation through Apple Maps.  Then passenger wants to look up a website so you press the NEX button to close CarPlay so the iPhone is free to open Safari.  Is Apple Maps now running on the iPhone screen?  When the passenger is done using Safari and you open CarPlay back up does the navigation resume or is everything lost?

Or maybe the iPhone isn't ever "locked out".  In that case can I use ANY music playing app to feed music into CarPlay?  Or do I have to go back to the Pioneer interface to do that?

And is Apple maps running on the iPhone interface if you open maps while CarPlay is currently navigating?

Thanks!

I'm guessing Beats Music needs to update their App like Spotify did last night.

I have a question for you as I do not own a NEX yet but plan to.

I am under the impression that when you are on CarPlay mode the iPhone is basically "locked out" to a CarPlay logo screen. Can you do anything on the iPhone while CarPlay is active on the NEX? Like can a passenger use the iPhone while CarPlay is on?

I am guessing no. But then when you press the NEX button on the CarPlay screen to go back to the Pioneer interface does the iPhone become back to normal again?

What happens in this scenario:

You start up CarPlay and start navigation through Apple Maps. Then passenger wants to look up a website so you press the NEX button to close CarPlay so the iPhone is free to open Safari. Is Apple Maps now running on the iPhone screen? When the passenger is done using Safari and you open CarPlay back up does the navigation resume or is everything lost?

Or maybe the iPhone isn't ever "locked out". In that case can I use ANY music playing app to feed music into CarPlay? Or do I have to go back to the Pioneer interface to do that?

And is Apple maps running on the iPhone interface if you open maps while CarPlay is currently navigating?

Thanks!

CarPlay does NOT lock out the phone... The phone's interface is always available.