AVIC411.com

Hey All,

How possible would it be to put the Navagation DVDs data onto the IPod for the D3 to read? An Ipod is just a harddrive anyways... If that was possible.. that'd be awesome.

Now I know this one is a stretch.. but what if we could get traffic data from our phones via bluetooth instead of NavTraffic? It's probably wishful thinking... :)

Anyone have any troubles paring a Treo (700wx) to the BTB100? Should I wait for the 200?

Hey All,

How possible would it be to put the Navagation DVDs data onto the IPod for the D3 to read? An Ipod is just a harddrive anyways... If that was possible.. that'd be awesome.

Sure it's possible. You going to rewrite the os?

Now I know this one is a stretch.. but what if we could get traffic data from our phones via bluetooth instead of NavTraffic? It's probably wishful thinking... :)

This makes 0 sense.

I think both requests are nonsense. If you used an ipod the store the nav software, the transfer rate would be abysmal and so laggy. As for the traffic info, just get the navtraffic. Why keep bitching about a feature the unit does not have when you know it didnt have it before you bought it?

So someone tries to be innovative and you guys give him shit for it why?

Some phones come with GPS and have traffic functions, he was probably hoping to use that instead of paying for a separate one.

As for the iPod, it is essentially just a HD. But, that def would require a lot of work for little reward. You'd need to reprogram the software to search the ipod and not the DVD for the info. Which would probably do more harm than good in the long run.

Good ideas though. But you're probably better off going with a 6 disc changer as a workaround for the used DVD slot. Or just using your ipod. (which is what i plan on doing)

So someone tries to be innovative and you guys give him shit for it why?

Some phones come with GPS and have traffic functions, he was probably hoping to use that instead of paying for a separate one.

As for the iPod, it is essentially just a HD. But, that def would require a lot of work for little reward. You'd need to reprogram the software to search the ipod and not the DVD for the info. Which would probably do more harm than good in the long run.

Good ideas though. But you're probably better off going with a 6 disc changer as a workaround for the used DVD slot. Or just using your ipod. (which is what i plan on doing)

I wish the navigtation could despense money as well, so I wouldnt have to go to the ATM or work. dang coocho newbies...

It reminds me of my introductory programming class in high school. The teacher told us to write a cpp function to add two numbers, so the person next to me writes inside the function "add two numbers here". She was then confused why it didnt work.