AVIC411.com

Audible "white noise" after 1.06 upgrade

I noticed that after upgrading to V1.06 even without CarPlay active (no phone connected and no active input selected) there appears to be an increased, quite audible level of white noise which I don't remember noticing with the original version of the software (V1.03) I had prior to the upgrade. Worse, when connecting the phone (iPhone 5 with ios8.02 in CarPlay mode), the white noise level is even stronger. Has anyone else noticed this?

Not for me. When you say white noise, is it a low or high frequency sound? With no audio playing, does the dB level of the white noise increase with increased volume?

The noise is broad - truly "white" and the db level does not change with volume or mute. It is not really a problem while listening to actual audio, but when muted it may be quite annoying.

I have noticed it.

I even made sure I set the unit to "Off" for audio and it still had a very low level white noise. Granted this is only audible when the car is off, as soon as my engine/exhaust start its barely perceptible.

It was not there before the upgrade though, I am sure of that as I do a lot of tuning to my audio equipment in my garage... with the engine off... :)