AVIC411.com

AppRadio Apps uodating

I'm a "developer" (I get the emails) and Pioneer's most recent announcement was telling devs how to turn off the buggy features. It seems that these are actually things that Apple broke in iOS 8 and are things that they are aware of. Many people don't realize it, but Apple worked with Pioneer when it developed AppRadio mode. It wasn't some hack using a feature that they didn't have the capability to use. I personally think AppRadio Mode was Apple's RoKR phone for the car. 

I'm a "developer" (I get the emails) and Pioneer's most recent announcement was telling devs how to turn off the buggy features. It seems that these are actually things that Apple broke in iOS 8 and are things that they are aware of. Many people don't realize it, but Apple worked with Pioneer when it developed AppRadio mode. It wasn't some hack using a feature that they didn't have the capability to use. I personally think AppRadio Mode was Apple's RoKR phone for the car. 

That is an interesting thought for sure! Ah the RoKR... what an interesting footnote in tech history.