AVIC411.com

Miriad of connectivity = confusion

Ok so have this wonderful NEX 4000 and a note 3 as well as a Ipod. I know there is a special adapter for the note 3 to use HDMI and USB simultaniously. The question is both these devices support SSP via blutooth and I was under the impression blutooth would show album art via pandora but it does not. Controlls all work but no album art :( DO I have something set wrong? If I just connect the USB will that give me SOME functionality?

Ipod I am under the impression I just need the USB cable and will use that as my storage device.

I do not have latest firmware on radio. 1.03 I believe.

By the way, not sure about note 3, but i know iphone cannot use hdmi and usb simultaneously. The usb only charges phone, and will show error message "not compatible usb device", if you select usb as input. I believe mhl for android does the same. When hdmi adapter is used, nex comminicates with phone thru BT, and phone sends audio/video thru hdmi.

Update

Ok so none of the Galaxy series will work with USB. You have to use the HDMI and blutooth.

Bluetooth however does support full album art via the galaxy and SSP connection.

I had to change the radio to other for type of connection which stinks because I had hoped to be able to use both my ipod and my droid. More experimenting left and will update.

Thanks