AVIC411.com

Installation Price

Before I get blasted about searching, I did search under Installation Price, and Installation Cost, and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm probably going to get either a Z1, or a D3, with BlueTooth, XM, Ipod... since there are so many installers on here, I thought I'd find out if the local shop is hosing me.

By the way, there's no harness for my '07 Wrangler Unlimited, so it'll require splicing...I'm keeping the factory amp and speakers (Infinity w/Sub), and I already have the Metra 2Din dash kit for the Jeep. The wiring for the jeep is available on the internet.

How much should it cost, and how long should it take?

Again, before I get blasted, I'm posting this at both the D, and Z forums.

thanx.

you are a douche for posting it in both areas!!! jk.

it should run you about 300-400 for the install. If it requires some custom adjustments to your dash, then 500+. You could learn to install it yourself for a ton of savings.

They quoted me $700, and said they'd need the car for a full day, and I could pick it up the following morning, to be safe.

As far as doing it myself, I want it perfect, and you get what you pay for. If there was a harness, and it was just plug in and go, I'd consider it.

damn. $700 for the install?

What store did you take your car to?

I was thinking it'll be more like $150-$200 for the install.

you are a douche for posting it in both areas!!! jk.

it should run you about 300-400 for the install. If it requires some custom adjustments to your dash, then 500+. You could learn to install it yourself for a ton of savings.

They quoted me $700, and said they'd need the car for a full day, and I could pick it up the following morning, to be safe.

As far as doing it myself, I want it perfect, and you get what you pay for. If there was a harness, and it was just plug in and go, I'd consider it.

$200 is only for navigation though. They'll charge extra for bluetooth and xm/sirius radio.

Anyone knows how much Tweeter/best buy/circuit city will charge?

You can also look into this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Vpq9Qke20k ... =597421018

If you go to one of their certified installers, it'll cost $200 + prob a little extra since there aren't harnesses available.

If the factory infinity in the wrangler is anything like the rest of the chrysler family, then 700 for everything is not excessive at all. The amp has to be removed since there's no way to turn it on without an interface. that means new wire run from the radio to the amp location. Splicing into the factory harness. Running a new accessory lead from the ignition to the radio. Vss will more than likely hav to come from a wheel speed sensor or the transmisson. Then there's the modifications needed to squeeze the radio into the dash. Were a customer to come into my shop with the same thing I'd more than likley charge the same amount.

This is just my opinion on the subject. I only o this for a living so you can take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. In the end it's your call.

Circuit City online charges $159.99 for In-Dash Navigation Installs

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productD ... %20details

Buy a coupon on ebay for 10% off your purchase (make sure you get one that has no minimum purchase amount!) and save another $16.00

or you can find $15.00 off coupons on ebay as well.

Just a thought...I would definitely make sure whomever you have install it is capable - or at least watch them like a hawk while they do the install.

Keep in mind that the $159.99 price is for installation only - if they need to add parts/kits for your specific vehicle you'll get charged for that. Also, unless you get lucky or find a nice installer-this cost does not include connecting any other devices (Sirius/XM/CD Changers) - just the Nav.

I planned on paying to have it done...but I think I'm going to try it myself first and see how it goes. If I get stumped...I'll get her done somewhere.

Good luck!

You'd be better off doing it your self than let the hacks at best buy or circuit city do it. It is as involved as the other guy said. I did it on the New Cherokee and commander, not a fun job. And your right , you get what you pay for. Get it done right

You'd be better off doing it your self than let the hacks at best buy or circuit city do it. It is as involved as the other guy said. I did it on the New Cherokee and commander, not a fun job. And your right , you get what you pay for. Get it done right

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Not all big box installers are hacks. I would appreciate it if you didn't, well stereotype us. Yes I work for Circuit and before Best Buy. Just because I work for a big box doesn't mean I'm a hack...

Yeah I gave up on Best Buy and Circuit city installs because I had problems with them everytime....my biggest one was the fact they said my radio had died, I purchased a new radio, they tried it, and it was messing up as well, and they figured out it was a wire shorting from the speaker....to bad by this time they had chucked my old radio....tho they admitted their fault, i just shrugged it off and kept my new radio.

Anyway, not that everyone who works there is a hack, but I no go to a specialty shop that has only provided me with amazing experiences (for a bit more hefty of a price however) but all of their installs are rather nice.