AVIC411.com

Firmware 1.08 w/ Maestro RR

Hello,

The firmware is there for your 2014 WRX and for the NEX now,  

however since Pioneer does not display gauges your only benefit would be using the steering wheel module to get 2 functions per button.

If you were using a Kenwood radio you would get the user selectable gauges

Hello,

The firmware is there for your 2014 WRX and for the NEX now,  

however since Pioneer does not display gauges your only benefit would be using the steering wheel module to get 2 functions per button.

If you were using a Kenwood radio you would get the user selectable gauges

Thank you!, I already have axxess that does steering wheel control, what i am looking for is Gauges that display when i hit vehicle icon on the NEX. It doesn't have it not worst spending 100 dollar.

This was my question on the iDatalink forum:

Now that Pioneer has released the 1.08 firmware update for their NEX radios, I was wondering how to go about getting sync (2010 Ford Edge) ready to work with my Maestro RR. I know that I need to get the latest firmware update for the RR. My question is this. I am using the analog (1/8" mini plug) connection from the RR to my 8000NEX. After I flash the RR, should I replace the mini analog cable with the digital connection?

And there answer:

The blue 4-pin plug will no longer be used for the steering wheel controls; please remove it.

The black 4-pin data plug will be used in this installation type. This cable runs from the data port on the maestro to the idatalink port on the radio. Also, there is a 3.5mm audio cable that runs from the maestro to the auxiliary input on the radio. For further instructions, please see the install manual after you re-flash with the digital firmware.

FYI - I had a heck of a time trying to enter my 8000 NEX serial number in the Maestro RR flashing module.  The module would not accept the serial number on the radio label.  I called iDataLink and this is what they provided and it worked:

When the compatible NEX radios are updated to firmware version 1.08, they will be able to connect digitally to the MRR. In order for these features to work, the Maestro RR must also be re-flashed. When flashing for a digital firmware, it is required to input the radio’s serial number during flashing.
Pioneer does not call this a serial number but rather a "Device Number".  Please note that it will be a sticker/label, and will not be engraved on the radio.

Note: Some early production NEX radios don't have the label. If the production of your radio is before the dates listed below, you need to power up the radio and get the device number from inside the radio. When you power up the radio, go to: Settings> System Information> Firmware Information. See below:

Model number------- Date
AVH-4000NEX/XNUC 05-May-14
AVIC-5000NEX/XNUC 06-May-14
AVIC-6000NEX/XNUC 07-May-14  
AVIC-7000NEX/XNUC 07-May-14
AVIC-8000NEX/XNUC 07-May-14
AVIC-X8610BS/XNUC 02-Jun-14

Here is some more information provided from iDatalink about features not available on Pioneer NEX units:

Please note that idatalink compatible Pioneer radios do not support all idatalink features, such as:
• No support digital fading of premium amps. Digital amplifiers can be found in some Chrysler, VW, Ford with Sony, and GM vehicles with Centerpoint Bose
• No support for OEM Bluetooth Streaming.
- You can pair with the OEM Bluetooth, but should then change the settings of the pairing to be only hands free profile for phone calls.
- You should then pair with the Pioneer Bluetooth, but only for streaming (you will be unable to pair to the Pioneer for hands free if you choose OEM BT for calls).
• No support for Vehicle Info, Parking Assist or Gauges screens
• No support for Climate – cannot use these radios with our Mustang Kit.

Here is some more information provided from iDatalink about features not available on Pioneer NEX units:

Please note that idatalink compatible Pioneer radios do not support all idatalink features, such as:

• No support digital fading of premium amps. Digital amplifiers can be found in some Chrysler, VW, Ford with Sony, and GM vehicles with Centerpoint Bose

- You can pair with the OEM Bluetooth, but should then change the settings of the pairing to be only hands free profile for phone calls.

- You should then pair with the Pioneer Bluetooth, but only for streaming (you will be unable to pair to the Pioneer for hands free if you choose OEM BT for calls).

Not to be sarcastic... But what does it support? Not much it seems to me. After all of this waiting, there does not appear to be any feature that I need or want in this update.

Thank You for the info -=zzyzx=-, what a useless updated.

• 3 weeks later...