AVIC411.com

My D3 Install With Lots Of Pics And A Review!!!

The exact POI addressing is only on harddrive units like the Z1/2. That being said, I put in my friends home address and it was exactly right on. It was off by about half a block the last three versions of navi software

Hey everyone, hows that new Tele atlas multi net database feature? When you enter an address or POI on the D3 with the new tele atlas maps lead you almost right to your destination when you enter your address? Just wondering, I saw no one talking about this. God Bless.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Z2 has about 4,000,000 POI mapped to exact address and latitude & longitude. That helps in strip malls where all the businesses have the same address with a letter marking each individual business. Also means that it will get you there whether is is right on the street, or sunk back deep in a shopping center. Previous software used postal codes so if it was 150 First St, it would put you half way down the block of 100-200 with no idea where that address was on the street

lol so where does the unit lead you for POI's? The general vacinity?
It seems many people are misinformed on DVD navi. The DVD is only accessed when you input an adress or search through POI's. After you chose a destination, it stores the instructions/route in its Flash based memory. You can then take out the DVD if you choose, or leave it. IF you take it out, you have about a 10 mile radius outside of the already mapped out destination before it request to place the DVD back in.

This would mean that if say you were to make a wrong turn somewhere... it would be possible for the navigation to redirect you back on track to your destination?

Thats exactly what it means. You have to go miles and miles off route before it would be unable to route you back to the original one

This would mean that if say you were to make a wrong turn somewhere... it would be possible for the navigation to redirect you back on track to your destination?