AVIC411.com

Sending N1 to Pioneer California for FlexCable

I sent it out to them. No paperwork is necessary if you've registered your N1 w/ Pioneer. It took them about two weeks to send my N1 back to me and I had to call them back to check on the status of my N1 since they first informed me it was going to be about 1 week to fix and reship back to my home. You might want to call Pioneer and check on the status of your N1. Also, be advised that sometimes Pioneer will upgrade your N1 or N2 w/out letting you know and when you receive it back and reinstall it, the 40 series disks won't work anymore. The screen will just ask you to install the appropriate disks. And if you want to try fighting Pioneer about it, they'll tell you to send in your system and they'll have a look at it, but they'll charge you a flat $200 to try to fix your system since it's not covered under warranty anymore. Hopefully you didn't send out your brain like I did when I sent my N1. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT try putting in a 60 series nav disk to make sure your nav system is working if it tells you to insert appropriate disks since it will basically get you nowhere w/ Pioneer's customer service reps. All they will tell you is that Pioneer doesn't do any upgrades to the N1s or N2s and that all they did was fix the flex cable, which I say is all BULLSHIT. So good luck to you bradduh. Hope I didn't scare you w/ my run in w/ the wonderful customer service reps of Pioneer. :x [/u]

So I got my head unit back, BUT they didn't ship the hideaway unit! What the *?@&!!!!! Stupid Pioneer. Does the hideaway unit come in a separate box? Am I the only one who sent in the hideaway unit?!

No, the hideaway unit should have come in the same box as your head unit, at least mine did. Good luck w/ Pioneer's customer service. They'll probably give you the run around and deny that you ever sent the hideaway unit along w/ your head unit. And if Pioneer did end up shipping it in another box and you happen to get it back, hopefully they didn't mess w/ your hideaway unit by upgrading it to the newer navigation software. Call them first thing in the morning and find out what's going on. Good luck to you.

I think another poster here left his DVD nav discs in the unit and claims that they never gave it back. He went through a lot of trouble calling them and such. I dont think they ever gave it back to him, and denied it was in there.

Do NOT send in your hideaway unit (aka BRAIN).

Pioneer denied ever receiving it.. Even saying something stupid like the weight of the package that they received was the same as the one they sent out. Duh! Different packing material idiots.

Also, they said that when they received the unit, there was no brain. So frustrating? Why would I lie about sending in the brain? Ah well, they opened a ticket for me. We'll see in the next week. That's when they said they'll get back to me...

Do NOT send in your hideaway unit (aka BRAIN).

Pioneer denied ever receiving it.. Even saying something stupid like the weight of the package that they received was the same as the one they sent out. Duh! Different packing material idiots.

Also, they said that when they received the unit, there was no brain. So frustrating? Why would I lie about sending in the brain? Ah well, they opened a ticket for me. We'll see in the next week. That's when they said they'll get back to me...

They're just gonna end up sending you a letter I bet. That's what they did with me the first time around, stating that after reviewing my complaint, they cannot do anything about it due to the fact that my N1 is out of warranty for them to fix it for free and that if I want, I can send it back to them so that they may fix it w/ a $200 fee. Second time around when I called again about my N1 and the 60 disks working on my N1 but not my 40 disks, a customer service rep mentioned that someone will call me w/in 5 - 10 business days, and that the rep put in a note on my file concerning my N1 being able to work w/ a 60 series disk but not the 40. No one ever called, and when I did call back, the customer service rep was very rude, and she claimed that there was no note attached to the claims file I had w/ Pioneer. Good luck to you bro. I know how frustrating it is dealing w/ Pioneer's customer service.

It looks like Pioneer won't come through for me. So, I intend to take them to small claims court. I definitely remember Pioneer saying that I need to send in my AVIC-N1 and my hideaway unit. Is that right?

Damn! Thats awesome. Tell us how it goes. Make sure to get all your evidence though, as I am sure they have recorded all convos.

It looks like Pioneer won't come through for me. So, I intend to take them to small claims court. I definitely remember Pioneer saying that I need to send in my AVIC-N1 and my hideaway unit. Is that right?

Sorry to hear that bro. Good luck to you and hopefully you win the case.