AVIC411.com

Is it necessary to install the back up wire?

You should if you can, especially the speed sensor.

The reverse wire isn't really going to hurt anything unless you have a backup camera or plan to do a lot of driving in reverse.

The speed sense on the other hand will enable 3D navigation, vehicle stats and still allow you to Navigate even when GPS Signal is unavailable.

I am going to install mine to the speed wire but not the reverse. I did get a back up camera but do not want the camera coming on every time I put it into reverse. Most of the time I wont need it.

Ummm... then whats the point? Its a backup camera. Meant to go on when you backup. It makes it easier to backup.

I am going to install mine to the speed wire but not the reverse. I did get a back up camera but do not want the camera coming on every time I put it into reverse. Most of the time I wont need it.

Ummm... then whats the point? Its a backup camera. Meant to go on when you backup. It makes it easier to backup.

Because most of the time I am just backing up and have alot of room. I would rather control it when I need it. May change my mind later.