AVIC411.com

More Carplay Apps - OverCast Carplay Support Added

http://www.imore.com/overcast-update-brings-ipad-carplay-support

img_3942.png?w=348&h=182&crop=1
img_3940.png?w=348&h=182&crop=1
img_3932.png?w=700&h=365&crop=1

Most interestingly, is that Overcast 1.1 adds CarPlay support. Up to today, Apple has only whitelisted apps by big developers for CarPlay, suggesting Apple may start welcoming a wider base of partners, such as other ‘indie’ podcast clients. That being said, Overcast is currently not featured on Apple’s CarPlay microsite.

Overcast 1.1 is available for free on the App Store, with an optional in-app purchase to unlock all functionality.

A big compromise I made when I started using CarPlay was giving up Overcast in favor of Apple's podcast app, just so I could have a podcast app with built-in CarPlay integration. I'm not surprised Marco could pull this off so quickly, but I'm shocked that Apple has already opened up CarPlay to independent developers like him. This is huge. Plus, Overcast is great.

Played with Overcast this morning for my commute. The free version is more than enough if you just want a basic podcast app, and the premium features are pretty good for those who want some power user features. Not to mention I had not one bug or hiccup with it. 

Not entirely happy I lose video podcast support doing it this way, but I can deal with it. 

Buh-bye Apple Podcasts...

A big compromise I made when I started using CarPlay was giving up Overcast in favor of Apple's podcast app, just so I could have a podcast app with built-in CarPlay integration. I'm not surprised Marco could pull this off so quickly, but I'm shocked that Apple has already opened up CarPlay to independent developers like him. This is huge. Plus, Overcast is great.

Apple has not yet opened up its carplay SDK for public, but its still providing options for developers to integrate carplay support with their apps through their stringent review process

https://developer.apple.com/carplay/