AVIC411.com

IPhone 6 plus Cable or cables?

Carplay just hooks up directly from iPhone to usb1 on the head unit, usb2 can be used for either usb thumb drive with music, pics and or video, or you can hook up to solid state drive with whatever media you want. I personally have solid state drive 480 gb(intel) with ripped dvds for the kids in the rear seat.

The nex series have so many inputs, it all depends what you want to use. SD Card slot, two usb inputs, hdmi, A/V RCA input, and Aux input, along with siriusxm input, RGB input for add-on navigation.

The iPhone can be hooked up in three different ways,

1. USB (for CarPlay, or iPod mode)(You must set CarPlay on in settings for CarPlay to work, otherwise usb/ipod mode will be set)

2. Apple A/V Adapter(for AppRadio mode)(Uses Bluetooth for communication and cdmi for audio-video out to head-unit)(If hdmi is selected as the source, then it will mirror the iPhone screen)

3. Bluetooth(for phone calls and Pandora and music)

A little guidance if anyone can help.  I looked at the above post - "for carplay, no. for app radio mode, you will need Apple A/V Adapter and hdmi cable and lightning cable"

I bought the adapter that has lightning and HDMI. When I plug into it with my iPhone  - no car play but I get mirrored iPhone HDMI signal. When I disconnect and connect directly from 8000 to iphone Carplay works just fine. I also have OBD apps for Dash Command and OBD Fusion that are not working. Bluetooth works just fine. How do I get AppRadio and OBD apps to work through the HDMI/Lightning Apple Connector I bought?

A little guidance if anyone can help.  I looked at the above post - "for carplay, no. for app radio mode, you will need Apple A/V Adapter and hdmi cable and lightning cable"

I bought the adapter that has lightning and HDMI. When I plug into it with my iPhone  - no car play but I get mirrored iPhone HDMI signal. When I disconnect and connect directly from 8000 to iphone Carplay works just fine. I also have OBD apps for Dash Command and OBD Fusion that are not working. Bluetooth works just fine. How do I get AppRadio and OBD apps to work through the HDMI/Lightning Apple Connector I bought?

You will have to setup smartphone input to digital adapter, not usb or BT. then it should work. Go to input/output settings and then go to smartphone settings, then click on iPhone and it will give 3 options, usb for carplay, digital adapter for Appradio, and Bluetooth.

When you do this, app icon should show up on top left corner and click on it, iPhone should start up app radio and ask for permission to let pioneer control. you must either have bypass or emergency brake or it will be greyed out. Remember do not click on hdmi as input source, or you will mirror phone, and not have app radio.

@joemamma1954 Try updating to iOS 8.1.1, released today, might have some CarPlay related fixes in there. Apple doesn't always list all the fixes they put into patches (most vendors don't). :)

I appreciate the info Don, I just jailbroke my phone and am playing with the cool tweaks. If carplay was to take the place of app radio, and had all the apps, not only audio, I would use it. I just had tweaked my system while waiting for Carplay, and really like it.