AVIC411.com

Can AVIC-5000NEX use the car's OEM microphone (2014 Honda CR-V)?

The OEM radio had 3 plugs on the back. Is the HFL any of those? Or am I looking for the Blueetooth unit, that one that they say it's behind the Shifter somewhere?

There are mic wires going to the radio but they're not the ones you need. You need to find the HFL (Bluetooth) module.   Carefully remove the shifter garnish to locate it.  

I have an AVIC-5000NEX and an iDataLink Maestro RR, and combined all the radio features are working fine.

Is the HFL module a separate module that enables i-Mid control? If so I'd like to get with my shop to see about ordering/installing it.

PS, thanks for this info!

Don

Info from the HFL is used for the iMid.  It is handled by pin 25 of the HFL connector and is a B can function.  Your HFL module was disconnected when your 5000/MRR was installed. 

Unfortunately, there is no aftermarket module (that I'm aware of) for Honda's with Pioneer radios that allows us to keep 100% of the functions we had with our original radios.  You lost some iMid info, I lost the ability to control my automatic climate control via voice.  

I'm curious as to why your installer used the MRR with your 5000.  The MSW would have provided the same functions as the MRR at almost half the cost.