AVIC411.com

Where I can buy D3 and able to ship to Canada?

I live in Canada Toronto area, I wouldn't buy the unit from the local Bestbuy since they are bunch of rip off (2250 CND for Z1, good job selling those at MSRP and claiming lowest price). I went on CF and see they restrict their shipping within US. Does anyone know where in US will do shipment to Canada? or if there is Canada dealer that doesn't rip price off would work too. Thx

I live in Canada too. I ship to a UPS or Fed Ex terminal in Michigan. I know you live a bit farther away from the USA, but the amount of money you can save might be worth the trip to Buffalo NY.

When I bought my N1 and D2 I purchased it from a US dealer. I gave them the address of a terminal just outside Detroit (for safety reasons). Shipping to a terminal is not a problem as it is even more secure than home delivery. I also give them my home and cell number. I've done this many times with many items I've bought off ebay, online and via phone. Never had a problem. I live just outside Windsor.

If you do pick it up in the USA, don't smuggle it is not worth the 14% taxes.

ebay would probably be your best option....find a good seller who's willing to ship to canada.

remember, Canada's Custom may screw you up.

for D3's $1299.00 CAD, the custom charges would be over $300.00 CAD including Handling charge.

I've bought a lot of items from US, and some items do get custom charge even the seller has marked as "GIFT" on delcaration form.

I also talked to UPS guy, he said with "UPS Ground" , 90% of the items usually will get custom charge. If you dont want that, its best to use "Express " or quicker one. (can't guarantee custom-free, but minimize the chance)

I'm tired of risking for custom charge, this time i ordered from Pioneer retailer for $1299.00. I still can claim GST back ($94.68 cad)

• 2 weeks later...

ADVANCED TV VCR SERVICE

2565 STEELES AVE. E. #5

BRAMPTON, ON L6T 4L6

CAN

19.26 miles

Ph (905) 790-3329

Very reliable, very good installation job and reasonable price, tell him Henry with the Mercedes referred you so i can have some credit =)

Beware buying a unit in the US. I recently purchased a brand new D2 from a reseller on Amazon. The unit is defective, and Pioneer Canada has refused to honor the warantee.

See communication below: Note Pioneer refer to Ebay purchases, but this also applies to Amazon through which I bought the unit.

Buyer Beware

rom: Erik.Izrailov@pioneer-usa.com [mailto] On Behalf Of poccs@pioneer-usa.com

Sent: February 20, 2007 9:54 AM

To: Paul McCarthy

Subject: Re: AVIC-D2 service

The unit will have to come to the below address it will not be covered under warranty due to the fact that it was purchased from Ebay . We will provide you with an estimate. Make sure you send it in with personal info ( address , phone number,name) and the description of the problem attn service dept.

Best Regards

Customer Call Centre

Pioneer Electronics of Canada

300 Allstate Parkway

Markham Ontario L3R 0P2

Toll free: 1 (877) 283 5901

Fax: 1 (877) 746 4848