AVIC411.com

IS Pioneer avic units safe?

Guest HeavenSoldier

Guest HeavenSoldier
I know the main reason the made the avic units was to make it safer to drive especially for the avic z1, which I plan to get God willing in a few months. But anyways is it safe, say If I just decided to drive to atlanta, you know how bad traffic can get there, just had some people I knew to die there in a wreck. But they got lost, no navigation system, you need one in cities like atlanta. But anyway, is it safe to just drive to a fast city like atlanta or miami without any directions just using my avic z1. I plan on getting the avic z1, as you know that one tells you which lanes to be in and not. I plan on putting in in a lincoln God willing. THanks and God Bless.
  • 6 months later...
[quote name="HeavenSoldier"]I know the main reason the made the avic units was to make it safer to drive especially for the avic z1, which I plan to get God willing in a few months. But anyways is it safe, say If I just decided to drive to atlanta, you know how bad traffic can get there, just had some people I knew to die there in a wreck. But they got lost, no navigation system, you need one in cities like atlanta. But anyway, is it safe to just drive to a fast city like atlanta or miami without any directions just using my avic z1. I plan on getting the avic z1, as you know that one tells you which lanes to be in and not. I plan on putting in in a lincoln God willing. THanks and God Bless.[/quote]

Atlanta traffic is sin I currently live in kennesaw.. My old 2000 Tundra WAS totalled sept 8 a day before my birthday last year from some moron who ran a light. The biggest overall problems with georgia is lack of law's needed to Inforce traffic law's. I had to get an attorey and sue the guy who ran the light because he wasnt cited and I won my case and got another Truck that was totalled ... Yes I love my Z1 in atlanta this is the prime reason i have this unit is safety....
I would say yes.

Big cities make me nervous. I used to always end up in the wrong lane and get forced to exit. People also like driving 20mph over the limit which makes it more nerve-wracking for someone not used to the area. Where I come from, the biggest divided highways only have 2-lanes each direction. Several years ago, I was driving through Kansas City, MO, got confused, lost, and ended up on Prospect Ave at 2AM. There were people still wandering around at that hour... not real wholesome looking people at that. Prospect Ave isn't the best place to be, it's been on the A&E show "First 48" when they followed the investigation of serial killings of prostitutes. Dead hookers were showing up all over Prospect Ave and nearby areas. Every stoplight, the wife and I would say, "TURN GREEN, oh PLEASE TURN GREEN!" Back then, we were only armed with maps and directions printed out from mapsonus.com.

More recently, armed with my D2 (and the Z1 is better), I was able to get through KC with no problems. It told me which lane to be in very early, let me know ahead of time where all the turns would be. It was smooth sailing, and it allowed me to focus on driving. I was able to drive more comfortably with confidence and had no trouble keeping up with traffic. There were no wrong turns, no scary neighborhoods, no fear of missing a turn or exit.

I had no problems in Winnipeg, MB either. That's an even bigger city of 685,000. I was able to get around, no problems. The only frustration was the roads under construction.

Personally, I will not travel to a large city without navi ever again. It makes all the difference in the world.
Thanks yama and Gnat, yeah I hope to join the FBI so I really need a avic unit that's safe. So yama the avic is very safe in atlanta and will get me around good? Because I went there for a football game on a bus and if I would have drove by myself I probably would've been in serious trouble. I'm with you gnat I need a navi system for a big city and traveling in general. Thanks a lot. I hope to get one soon. Thanks and God Bless.
[quote name="HeavenSoldier"]Thanks yama and Gnat, yeah I hope to join the FBI so I really need a avic unit that's safe. So yama the avic is very safe in atlanta and will get me around good? Because I went there for a football game on a bus and if I would have drove by myself I probably would've been in serious trouble. I'm with you gnat I need a navi system for a big city and traveling in general. Thanks a lot. I hope to get one soon. Thanks and God Bless.[/quote]

I used my z1 unit driving from Kennesaw Ga to Myrtle beach and the unit is pretty safe my only complain was i didnt have it in guidance view mode so i missed one turn but overall im still pretty new to this system and have a lot to learn but the unit kept's you on track. This Navi is just as good as honda/acura system which my dad on his 06 accord 2 door..
You asked about the z1 in atlanta traffic well it's very much on track and talks and tells me which lanes and exits to take via voice and on the screen overall it's a vast improvement vs the toyota navi unit..plus it has an excellent turn visualization system -- shows
the road in 3-d prior to making the turn.

if you have any other questions your welcome to email me at Tundrav8georgia@yahoo.com
[quote name="yamahatundrav8"] [quote name="HeavenSoldier"]Thanks yama and Gnat, yeah I hope to join the FBI so I really need a avic unit that's safe. So yama the avic is very safe in atlanta and will get me around good? Because I went there for a football game on a bus and if I would have drove by myself I probably would've been in serious trouble. I'm with you gnat I need a navi system for a big city and traveling in general. Thanks a lot. I hope to get one soon. Thanks and God Bless.[/quote]

I used my z1 unit driving from Kennesaw Ga to Myrtle beach and the unit is pretty safe my only complain was i didnt have it in guidance view mode so i missed one turn but overall im still pretty new to this system and have a lot to learn but the unit kept's you on track. This Navi is just as good as honda/acura system which my dad on his 06 accord 2 door..
You asked about the z1 in atlanta traffic well it's very much on track and talks and tells me which lanes and exits to take via voice and on the screen overall it's a vast improvement vs the toyota navi unit..plus it has an excellent turn visualization system -- shows
the road in 3-d prior to making the turn.

if you have any other questions your welcome to email me at Tundrav8georgia@yahoo.com[/quote]

Okay thanks! Yeah I'm going to really need it. You said the avic z1 is as good as the honda/acura system? Would you recommend a person who buys a honda to get it with the navigation? Or to not get the navigation, and install the avic z1? I was just wondering which of the two navigation systems were better. I'll be sure to e-mail you, especially if I get a FBI job there. Thanks and God Bless.