AVIC411.com

AVIC-N3 Two porblems and need help Please!!!!! New user

I have a 2003 tahoe with bose sound system. My friend and i installed the N3 and when we power it up neither disc will load. It says "insert approaite disk" then "reading disc" but then the message goes away and no action. It will play DVD's like it's supposed to but won't load GPS cd's. The unit is brand new out of the box with factory seal. I have also done the mod i found here and it also works great.

Second I have no sound, with my xm,radio,or ipod. Everything is registering on the screen and I can naviagte through. The only wire not hooked up right now is the vss wire. Does this matter? When I disconnect the aftermarket speaker wire harness fro the N3 and plug it into my factory it works fine? Anything that helps would be appreciated!!

HELP PLEASE!!!

With the n3, you shouldn't have to connect it. I am sorry I can't be of more help...only thing I can think of is, are you using the amp built into the radio or the rca to an external amp? If the built in one, do you have an external one to try? (Aka maybe you have a defective N3). It really sounds given all your problems that something is defective...you might want to call Pioneer tech support and get their take on it...