AVIC411.com

I have a brand new sleeve kit that I didn't use. I could sell it to you for cheap.

If I find out that I can use it with the D3 I may take you up on that.

According to crutchfield no Double Din units fit in my 03 Passat or any B5 or Mk4, but I know for a fact that many Kenwoods, Alpines, and others (that come with mounting sleeves) do, in fact, fit.

Hey man, this is what you need.

Part #ADT-VA133

I have a MK4 as well and will be putting the stereo in next week.

Can you please tell me how you got the stock stereo out? and is it pretty hard to install the D3 in there? like hard to maneuver in there? fitment? any tips would be appreciated!

thanks

David

Part #ADT-VA133

Can you please tell me how you got the stock stereo out? and is it pretty hard to install the D3 in there? like hard to maneuver in there? fitment? any tips would be appreciated!

thanks

David

I am actually doing it in a B5 Passat, but the removal should be the same. HERE is a write-up I did on Passatworld that might help a little bit. The kit is all you should need, the rest should be pretty straight forward except the vss wire.

thad.

Part #ADT-VA133

thanks

David

Part #ADT-VA133

thanks

David

Volkswagen radio keys will work to remove the radio. You will have to make some minor modifications to the plastic behind the radio to get the avic to sit properly. Especially if you have anything plugged into the pbus port.

• 1 year later...

You will need 4 removal keys. slide them into the 4 horizontal slots until they click then just pull the radio out. You will need to cut the back plastic piece out if you have a whole punch of stuff plugged in. It is best to remove both pieces on either side of the center council so you can stick your other hand up in and help guide the wires so that it will fit. Wear gloves so you dont cut your hands up on the plastic edges while guiding the wires through.

if you order from crutchfield they will give you the radio removal tools and all of the adaptors necessary to install it, if you call them they will even send you the single din install kit with the pocket and you can cut out the center plastic piece and have a nice looking double din sized mounting kit