AVIC411.com

Mounting D3 in 06+ civic

Alright i'm planning on installing the D3 in my 07 civic. I'm gonna purchase the center dash piece that comes with the navigation model. i'm not exactly sure how this whole bracket and mounting stuff works so i have a few questions. First heres a little pic

navipeice.jpg

alright, where would i obtain those brackets? are those already on my current OEM radio somewhere behind the dash? will they come with the new OEM dash peice from the dealer? or will they come with the D3?

Also, once i do have the brackets attached to the avic, what do the brackets themselves mount on too? are the brackets put onto the dash piece allowing the entire unit to be basically held in by the dash piece?

Thanks for the help everyone, i'm a complete newb at this sutff and i want the satisfaction of doing an install by myself.

Your stock radio will have its own mounting brackets. You can choose to use those or you can use the ones that come with an after market dash kit.

The after market brackets will usually secure by attaching to the face frame of the dash kit.

You can use a combo of the two by using the factory brackets with the after market dash kit. The factory brackets are usually more sturdy. You may need to modify the factory brackets or drill new holes to make them fit perfectly.

Hope that helps,

Matt