AVIC411.com

How's the Ipod Video quality on D3?

i already bought the D3, now im wondering if i should get Ipod Video or regular Ipod. Depends on how the quality is. As i know the ipod video screen is pretty small, so the video quality doesn't have to be good, but what happens when it enlarge to D3 screen with 6" monitor? anyone tried please give some input

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ipod doesn't come with any software... You download itunes for free and can manage your media through that app. As far as videos go... There are a few that will convert your movies (straight from DVD) to a set quality/size that you wish. I think I use Blaze Media Pro, and I have the 30GB video ipod. It works pretty good, and my files usually end up a bit larger than 700MB for a normal length film. As far as the D3 displaying them goes; I don't know yet. I have everything ready to go except for the D3 right now. Hopefully it will be here soon!!!

i've been doing video conversion for quiet a while, can i convert the movie into DivX format, put it in Ipod and act that as DivX video and play on the D3?

The iPod does not support the Divx format, it can only play H.264 or generic MPEG-4 encoded video. You can either reencode the video using any of the dozens of utilities available or try a special kind of tool called mp4ui, which basically rearranges the information in a divx/xvid file to match the mpeg-4 spec. I do video for a living, so I can get into a lot more detail if you wish. I'm also going to be getting my avic-d3 in the next couple of days, so I'll do a lot of testing then.

i'll look forward to ur testing, as i dont' really like the MP4 format, but im a big fan of DivX since it's smaller size and better quality.

Anyone could take a pic of the ipod video? if it doesn't look that great i might just buy a normal ipod just for song purpose

or purchase a Vantec Avox for your mobile multimedia needs (for a fraction of the cost of the iPod with more storage!)

thats what i did :)

nice being able to have dvds on it as iso and vobs. i keep one or 2 movies uncompressed on it, and the rest are xvid and divx. this thing is a godsend

i already bought the D3, now im wondering if i should get Ipod Video or regular Ipod.

Pretty much every hard drive based iPod these days is an iPod video. Its the one to get even if you don't want video, since it'll store a lot more songs than the flash based iPods.