AVIC411.com

Can voice guidance be turned off?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sush1a
go into settings.. then volume settings, then on the bottom theres voice guidance u can turn on/off.. this is based on my n1.. so d1 could be different.. so look into it.. I'm sure you can set it.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Anonymous"]D2 is the same way as stated so I'm sure the D1 is as well. Same place you get rid of that god awful DING! keypress sound.

That was my first setting change....[/quote]

oh. i kinda liked the keypress sound... hahaah i guess it cant be turned off independantly of the beep then .... its got two volume controls... one labeled voice, and one labeled beep. but the voice one, when turned down also changes the beep volume.
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="drayla"] i cannot turn the voice guidance off without losing the beeps as well. The only way i have found to stop voice guidance is by lowering the volume completely...[/quote]

My D1 also has a problem with this. I cant turn off voice guidance, even when i set it to off it still talks. Only way to shut it off is to go to the voice volume and turn it all the way down. Anyone find a fix for it or know if pioneer with release a fix for this? Its getting really annoying...
[quote name="Anonymous"] [quote name="drayla"] i cannot turn the voice guidance off without losing the beeps as well. The only way i have found to stop voice guidance is by lowering the volume completely...[/quote]

My D1 also has a problem with this. I cant turn off voice guidance, even when i set it to off it still talks. Only way to shut it off is to go to the voice volume and turn it all the way down. Anyone find a fix for it or know if pioneer with release a fix for this? Its getting really annoying...[/quote]

Checked on the pioneer site but couldn't fine anything... i doubt they care...
I also noticed that voice guidance continues even when I turn it off on my D2. Lowering the volume shuts it up, but it still mutes the audio for guide voice instructions. If I remember correctly, there *is* another setting that will cause it to not mute A/V audio, but makes it more of a pain in the @$$ - especially if the second setting is one that requires the parking brake to be set.

I like to use navigation on certain trips just to keep up with my ETA and I don't need or want guidance.

I imagine Pioneer knows about the issue, and am sure they care. And I'm not surprised to find them unresponsive to a user pointing out the problem. Sadly it's typical for big companies like that.

Oh well...
  • 7 months later...
The only 2 settings for voice directions that I have found. One is the volume level which is used to mute the voice. The other "mute" setting (I forget what it is called) mutes your music during directions.

About the beeps. I have my button beeps muted. However, my D2 randomly beeps whenever it feels like it. Anyone know what that is or how to make it shut the hell up?