AVIC411.com

Divx Format

Got my D3 installed with the mod, looks great so far. Just one quick question, does anyone know how Divx discs should be formatted? I burned some Divx files onto a DVD-R and it said unreadable. Is there a limit on file name lengths? If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

show me where. i don't see it on the pioneer website.

IF it does (big if) make sure you aren't using q-pel or bframes, those are usually killers for compatibility. i know they won't work in an avox unit.

Ain't that hard to google:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mmCBDrmsIbi/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=avic%2Dd3&i=130AVICD3

Audio/Video features:

» plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, DVD-R/RWs, DivX, AAC, WMA, and MP3 discs

» 3-band parametric EQ

» 5 preset EQ curves

» AM/FM tuner

» 18 FM/6 AM presets

Nifty, I see it now. Unfortunately it doesn't give much information about which divx formats it actually supports.

I might be an idiot bmuhfeld, but at least I can install one, you dipshit.

oh, i forgot, you're just not 'familiar' with it yet. enjoy. :roll:

Reach,

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to be witty and sarcastic like others on the forum, but the difference is they actually know what they are talking about. What makes me think that the D3 can play Divx is that it says so right on the BOX and on the FACE of the unit, not to mention it is on every description of the unit. Perhaps you should not be so quick to snap at a simple question and let others try to answer first.

Reach,

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to be witty and sarcastic like others on the forum, but the difference is they actually know what they are talking about. What makes me think that the D3 can play Divx is that it says so right on the BOX and on the FACE of the unit, not to mention it is on every description of the unit. Perhaps you should not be so quick to snap at a simple question and let others try to answer first.

Also some of the people that's buying D3 is because of the DivX functionality, you think all of us misread that important info? heh