AVIC411.com

Well, I have never seen this or heard about this. So you have two possibilities.

Either a problem with the ipod or a problem with the ipod adapter from pioneer.

Do you have any friends with ipods that might let you hook them up to see if they work on the pioneer adapter? Maybe even one just like yours?

This rebooting is not normal and most people don't experience this. So there is obviously something wrong. There are 3 places the problem can be:

1. in the Z1

2. in the ipod adapter

3. in the ipod itself

I would be very surprised if it was #1. So I would say #2 or #3.

Are you positive that the power to the ipod adapter is connected to switched power or constant power (what ever they recommend)? If it's supposed to be constant power and it's off switched then it might be a problem. Or the pioneer adapter is bad.

Or if you plug in someone else's ipod into your vehicle, and it works fine, there is a problem with your ipod.

It's obviously a problem and a rare one at that, now to find it, all I can think to do is change out some products to see where the problem lies.

And if the car is off and you plug in the ipod and then turn the car on, does it see it then? I don't hook up the ipod while the car and Z1 is running. The Z1 might need to see the ipod on start up. I don't know how it reacts once the car is running to hooking up and unhooking the ipod.

Just to add some insight to this, I had the EXACT same problem with my Ipod and my home pc. The pc would make the "hi i see you have something connected to me" sound, but it would NOT find the Ipod. What I had to do was reset the Ipod (using the directions that came with it) and then reinstall the Itunes and associated Ipod programs.

That fixed the issue completely. I had to do this process twice, for it to finally work and it sees my pod every time now.

Well thanks for all the feedback. Its been a month or so since I did the reboot on the Ipod, so if its not a problem, could you hit me with those instructions or that link again ducatiboy??? Then as soon as I get home from work tonight I'll be on it and post the results tomorrow... :wink:

Well thanks for all the feedback. Its been a month or so since I did the reboot on the Ipod, so if its not a problem, could you hit me with those instructions or that link again ducatiboy??? Then as soon as I get home from work tonight I'll be on it and post the results tomorrow... :wink:

Dont mean to butt in here, but if you're talking about the reset instructions for the ipod, here it is. You just hold down the play and center button on the ipod until the apple symbol comes on the screen. Then let it do its thing, and when its done, try to reconnect it to your unit. Should see it then, if its anything like a home pc.

Again, dont mean to step on any toes or anything, just putting in my 2 cents worth of experience.

Dont mean to butt in here, but if you're talking about the reset instructions for the ipod, here it is. You just hold down the play and center button on the ipod until the apple symbol comes on the screen. Then let it do its thing, and when its done, try to reconnect it to your unit. Should see it then, if its anything like a home pc.

Again, dont mean to step on any toes or anything, just putting in my 2 cents worth of experience.

Oh no homie.... nothin but knowledge in what you wrote.... an I appreciate it!!! I went ahead and reformatted it! Now I'm re-loading half of what I had on there and lets hope for the best...... I'll be in touch!

Oh no homie.... nothin but knowledge in what you wrote.... an I appreciate it!!! I went ahead and reformatted it! Now I'm re-loading half of what I had on there and lets hope for the best...... I'll be in touch!

Ok, hopefully it works for ya. Btw... nice busa in your sig. :twisted:

NOPE.... didn't work!!! Here's my problem, I leave my Ipod in the car and plugged in ALL THE TIME! When I start the car, I always have to reboot thedamn Ipod before the Z1 recognizes it! Believe me... it got old weeks ago!!!!!

Oh, and BTW, thats a GSXR 1000 in my sig...... the "BUSA KILLA"!!!! :lol:

Well if you re-formatted the ipod... that makes me think that it's either a hardware problem with the ipod or maybe more towards the pioneer adapter. Any possibility that you have someone close that has an ipod you can borrow to swap it out and try it?

BTW, what ipod do you have? Old, New, Mini? Just curious, not that I know something about any particular model.

Well if you re-formatted the ipod... that makes me think that it's either a hardware problem with the ipod or maybe more towards the pioneer adapter. Any possibility that you have someone close that has an ipod you can borrow to swap it out and try it?

BTW, what ipod do you have? Old, New, Mini? Just curious, not that I know something about any particular model.

Nobody I know has one, haha, but I've got the Black 60GB Ipod Video. Now how is the actual ipod adapter supposed to be wired?? I never mentioned it, but I went through HELL with the installation of this and my alarm/sensors! Now when I say HELL I mean 4-5 visits to the installer, 2 overnight stays for the Caddy, and a complete tear out and reinstall! Maybe the installer hooked it up wrong becasue in every other aspect it works great! Oh, and I forgot to mention that there are rare occassions that when I turn on the vehicle it powers on the Ipod..... but its RARE!!!

I have the same iPod, and also leave it in the car all the time, but have had no problems...as far as the adaptor goes...about as simple as you can get for installing it...the yellow wire goes to the yellow wire on the Z1 harness and the black goes to ground (I have it going to the black wire on the Z1 harness....

According to the instruction manual which you can get from Crutchfield or Pioneer:

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manual ... B100II.PDF

There is a yellow power connector which needs to be connected to power no matter what the position the key is in. I'll bet that is losing power every time you turn the key off and that's what is causing your problem.

If your CD-IB100 is powered 24/7 no matter what the key is in, then that might not be your problem, but I would check that point.

If you turn the key off and power is gone from the ipod adapter then fix that. If it does get power all the time it's either a problem with the ipod or the CD-IB100. Without a spare of either it will be very difficult to say.

With the description of your problems getting this installed, I wouldn't be surprised if the CD-IB100 is hooked up wrong. I don't know if hooking it up so that it loses power when the key is turned off would cause your problem, but it does sound like something to try next.

According to the instruction manual which you can get from Crutchfield or Pioneer:

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Manual ... B100II.PDF

There is a yellow power connector which needs to be connected to power no matter what the position the key is in. I'll bet that is losing power every time you turn the key off and that's what is causing your problem.

If your CD-IB100 is powered 24/7 no matter what the key is in, then that might not be your problem, but I would check that point.

If you turn the key off and power is gone from the ipod adapter then fix that. If it does get power all the time it's either a problem with the ipod or the CD-IB100. Without a spare of either it will be very difficult to say.

With the description of your problems getting this installed, I wouldn't be surprised if the CD-IB100 is hooked up wrong. I don't know if hooking it up so that it loses power when the key is turned off would cause your problem, but it does sound like something to try next.

THANKS.... I'll do that next.